LegacyGT.com

Normal maf g's for gutted DP and OS Tuning

McDowell Performance Tunin

I noticed I'm hitting only about 200g's max during 3rd gear WOT pulls. It's seems other stage 2 setups are in the 220's at least. I also noticed I'm only hitting 4.3 volts, which matches my stock MAF scailling. So, I guess my question is, is there a reason I'm only hitting 4.3 volts? I'm all stock for my intake, with a fairly new OEM filter and have a gutted first cat DP with a map based off of mickeyd's stage 2 map, adjusted for my car. Airboy's spread sheet is showing 239hp(5830 RPM) and 230tq(3400RPM), which seems pretty good for crappy 91 gas, salt lake's altitude (close to 4000ft, i think) and just my first dp cat removed. (I'm installing an UP off an STI this weekend, if it's not too cold). Thoughts? Feedback appreciated as I am new to OS tuning.

cool, thanks Testes. My stock numbers on the spreadsheet were 170hp and 195tq, so I figured things were ok. I do a lot of logging and fine tunning on RR and everything looks good. Any suggestions, as far as tuning, after I install the sti UP? I was thinking of leaving things alone, do some logging and go from there.

+59hp and 35tq seems like a lot for just gutting the dp. but I used Airboys spreadsheet both times. anything to look for, as far safety, if those numbers are correct?

here is the dyno, sorry for the 2 pages

dyno.pdf

on 91octane @ 4000ft, your numbers don't sound so bad.

on 93octane @ <500ft my stock numbers(stock ECU, no mods) was 215-220g/sec, my STG1 map at just under 17psi peak was flowing 230g/sec.

Seems reasonable to me too. I was hitting 250ish with aftermarket UP/DP at sea level, and 92 oct. I suspect that gutting the UP would help close the gap a bit.

I was hitting 225-230 or so with a gutted first cat and stage 2 opensource tune. Replaced the stock dp with a catless and I'm hitting 240-245 with only minor changes to the map. This is at about 400ft in ~50 degree weather. Airboy's sheet varies a bit for me, but I've seen 250-260hp and 310-320tq pretty consistently in both 3rd and 4th gear.

Archived