LegacyGT.com

windshield wipers

Personally, I dont use my wipers that often, only when going under 60KPH or in the well lit city areas. RainX is the go but I hear what your saying about the pressure too. Besides, it would help alot if it actually rained here in Australia.... haven't had rain here for months.

Ada///M.

Guest turboman

Nobody has mentioned the VALEO blades sold by TireRack. They're $29.99US each, which is about $10 more per blade than PIAA.

I've always used (relative term, I know) PIAA but the Valeos are much better. Nice streamlined housing with no projections, tested to 140mph, no metal in the wiper area, snow/ice won't collect on the blade, etc., etc.

Unqualified endorsement. Be the first in your club/neighborhood to have the world's most expensive wiper blades. Tops in "snob appeal". I have no connection with TireRack.

Nothing like getting your brand new car delivered with wiper blades that streak and smear like they were 2 years old.

My streaking is so bad that the last rain we had, I got out of my car at the red light and used a handful of tissues to wipe the blade clean - they were still steaking but not as bad. Awful wipers.

- Mike

mwiener2, whats the p/n and how much did u pay?

Dunno, I got the whole wiper assembly and that's how I know the refills will fit in the stock wiper.

I think I paid $50 something with shipping and everything, from TireRack

I like the Valeos, but..... I'm not paying $40 per blade each time one wears out. They were nice on the Audi...but that's cause wipers were covered in the lease agreement. I want new ones, I get new ones for free. I like the idea behind PIAA's laying down a layer of silicone. Rubber on glass = streaky Silicone on Silicone = smooth

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Those Valeo's look like the blades that were stock on my Passat- I didn't find them any better and they were $85 each to replace! That's a problem when you use them here in Seattle where it rains all year.

I'll have to try those PIAA's. I hate the line on my driver's side window when I use the wipers a lot (the wipers deposit a little bit of rubber on the window-very annoying)

tom

tom :)

The Valeos look hideous, anyone have pics with them on their car?

I guess its a good way to get conversation started. "Hey, your wipers look like ass" "Yea, I know, but yours work like ass"

The Valeos look hideous, anyone have pics with them on their car?

I guess its a good way to get conversation started. "Hey, your wipers look like ass" "Yea, I know, but yours work like ass"

Who cares how they look, it's a firkin wiper blade. They are actually very small so you can barely see them as they wipe across the windshield, that's a lot more impotant then looks to me.

Also, they work great in the winter as ice has no metal frame to hold on to.

Archived