LegacyGT.com

with what clutch to replace it with?

specialB

I'm trying to get the idea now before the time arrives, what clutch im going to replace my factory one with when it goes. Im currently running Access Port with up/down pipe on stage II. I like the idea of the clutch being the wear item in the car not the rest of the drive train. With that in mind, instead of going with a Heavy Duty clutch is there some middle ground between factory and aftermarket heavy duty like the ACT?

Atc hd street with tsk3 kit. Or honestly, if you going to stay stage 2, stay oem. I love my act over my stock clutch, but its expensive

At stage 2, I'd still recommend a stronger clutch over OEM... the OEM unit simply can't handle stage 2 reliably (some people can make it work, but clearly it's not up to the task).

At stage 2, I'd still recommend a stronger clutch over OEM... the OEM unit simply can't handle stage 2 reliably (some people can make it work, but clearly it's not up to the task).

Really? There are plenty of people with lots of miles on stage 2 cars and the stock clutch - do they not work?

They work, but many seem to see them wear out faster, that's all... so why go with OEM again, if there's a good chance it will wear out faster? That's all I'm saying.

Hell, I had my stock clutch on the car until 50k miles, after which is started to slip. I suppose I could have gone OEM again, but with the cost of a new DMFW, it didn't make sense to do that. I could have done a WRX SMFW with an OEM clutch there, but I didn't trust it to hold the Stage2 power any better, so I figured I'd get the ACT HDMM... as many others have done.

His transmission is the 5-speed.

Oh yeah, '07+ got the 6 speed. Duh. :redface::p;) Thanks for correcting me Joe!

I think I'm nearing the time for a new clutch too. So far the ACT HDMM and WRX Single Mass Fly Wheel are getting top billing.

To Rao's point (I hate saying that!), the OEM clutch seems just fine at low Stage 2 power levels if the driver is not prone to excessive slipping of the clutch when engaging the low gears. Or lots of slipping when downshifting.

But it is much more questionable. I still haven't been able to find out if the 09+ WRX has a more robust clutch, or if it's exactly the same design and materials.

Joe

Archived