LegacyGT.com

0-60

clark687

Even thou the 2.5i doesnt have the accelration like the gt, i consider it decent, the ramp to 95 on 152 near my house is about .25mile i can get to 105 bye the end.

No records broken but even in 2.5i form, it's a well performing car with adequate acceleration.

what do they have the 2.5i limited to top speed-wise?

I guess we need someone stupid to risk their life and find out lol...There's not even specs out for 0-60 let alone top speed.

sure i ll do it.......got up to 220km and it was still going slowly but still:P

I wasn't on a track and I did 140+ on a road plenty of times that goes for miles up and down straight hills and into a valley. but i was driving a stock 93 legacy non-turbo with a 5 speed.lol. good ol subi's. (140+ cause the speedometer only goes that far. no governor??? cause i was hittin the M on mph which would be like 145-148!! and i still had more juice but i kept coming into a hill which would slow it down.

SUBI-POW!

I wasn't on a track and I did 140+ on a road plenty of times that goes for miles up and down straight hills and into a valley. but i was driving a stock 93 legacy non-turbo with a 5 speed.lol. good ol subi's. (140+ cause the speedometer only goes that far. no governer??? cause i was hittin the M on mph which would be like 145-148!! and i still had more juice but i kept coming into a hill which would slow it down.

SUBI-POW!

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

The fastest I've ever gone on public roads in my car was 98 mph for 30 seconds on the highway. ONCE. Scared me shitless cause I don't speed and I was so worried I'd get pulled over...

...but there was no way my neighbor/coworker was passing me in his GTi before the exit to work, :spin:

for what it's worth, car and driver did a "quick take" on the 2010 Legacy 2.5i

their numbers;

0-60 - 8.8 sec

1/4 mile - 16.9 @ 83mph

top speed - 124 drag limited

curb weight - 3365lbs

this was done on a 2010 with the CVT trans

as far as I know the engine is exactly the same as the previous gen.

I'd assume the acceleration and top speed would be better on the 04-09's with a 5 speed....

so, maybe 0-60 in the mid-low 8's and a top speed around 5-15mph higher (130-140) depending on conditions.

overall they said it was a great car, great build quality; materials, fit finish, styling, but was slow. as if we don't know that already

I have a manual NA 2.5, and it is very slow off the line. The issue is that when it's dry out, the engine does not have enough power to break traction, even if I just drop the clutch at 4000rpm (did that once, never doing it again).

Once it gets going, I think it keeps up with cars that normally do about 7.8-8 seconds flat. But its actual time, I don't even want to know.

Archived