LegacyGT.com

Kill - new CLS500

So what if the person you were coming up behind felt the same way about enforcing the limit, yet was going 75?

be polite and rechtsfahren! (drive to the right)

Middle lane attracts less attention as well.

come on guys, this "lane discipline" talks is lame in this case. I was traveling 85 mph. The posted speed limit is 70 mph. I think that most people would feel that doing 85 mph is adequate to be "worthy" of using the fast lane.

This guy was barreling along at over 100 mph. America is not Germany. We don't drive the highways with the rules of the road on the autobahn. Frankly, I wish very much that we did. I would be at home knowing that I could safely cruise the left lane at sustained speeds of +100 mph.

Doesn't matter if you were going 150 mph. You're not there to enforce the speed at which people travel, the CHP is more than happy to do that. I'm in outside sales, so I drive about 50K miles a year. There is nothing I hate more on the road than people who think they are going fast enough for the "1" lane. It is as other people have stated before a PASSING LANE. Use it to pass, and if someone wants to go faster than you, move to the right. Simple. If everyone did this, traffic would move much more smoothly.

Still a nice kill though. I haven't driven a newer Benz, but even my dad's old 560SEC was a beast on the freeway.

PASSING LANE [ /QUOTE]

Agreed. Left lane is for 1)passing 2)left hand turns 3)when right lane is blocked. You are supposed to pass, then return to the right lane in a timely manner. But enough with the lecture.

Nice kill, I havn't managed to get my LGT above 90 yet :lol:

.o0O0o.

Doesn't matter if you were going 150 mph. You're not there to enforce the speed at which people travel, the CHP is more than happy to do that. I'm in outside sales, so I drive about 50K miles a year. There is nothing I hate more on the road than people who think they are going fast enough for the "1" lane. It is as other people have stated before a PASSING LANE. Use it to pass, and if someone wants to go faster than you, move to the right. Simple. If everyone did this, traffic would move much more smoothly.

Still a nice kill though. I haven't driven a newer Benz, but even my dad's old 560SEC was a beast on the freeway.

Agreed! It's there for a reason, and in an extreme case think of someone whose wife is about to have a baby or has an emergency and needs to fly really fast but you refuse to shift to the right simply because you feel 85 is the speed allowed. In the end, do what you want free country blah blah blah etc etc but be safe! Other than that nice kill, the 500 benzes are not considered slow cars and taking one on is quite an achievement :)

I've had my LGT up to 150 mph just last week.

:eek:

Youre ******* nuts. That is assuming it wasnt on a closed track. Anyways, nice kill. I love the looks of that particular Benz, but its nice to see the home team pounce on one. I just went stage one today, and am currently looking for a STi uppipe to complement it. Then i will get a DP, flash stage 2 and go Benz hunting as well.;)

10 years from when you're 30, hopefully you'll remember this post and get a bit embarrassed at how you presented yourself as remarkably immature and, well, just plain dumb.

"nice kill" What is that supposed to mean? Did he "win"? This has to be the most overused and irritating expression to ever come out of automotive-related messageboards.

Sorry if I'm feeling a disconnect with the rest of the posters in this thread who think that this was some sort of fantastic accomplishment.

LandShark...glad to see that stage 2 is doing you well!! I think that your staying in the left lane was fine because sometimes, you just need to be territorial. It was your highway, and you proved that to him. I cant tell you how many times ive missed my exits being 'territorial' lol. Its a kill in my book :) PEACE

I dunno. I think the only thing lamer than actually participating in an unsanctioned speed test on the highway is bragging about it to a bunch of people on the internet. What goes through your mind as you're "racing"? "HUH! NO ONE CAN DRIVE FASTER THAN ME! What's the point to that?

It's pretty idiotic. You have a fast car. Great. Take it somewhere where people measure and record what you did, like a drag strip or an autocross or a track, and post a time slip. Otherwise, it's a bunch of dangerous crap that is also unsubstatiated bs. To me it's like coming in here and boasting about how you jacked a liquor store, or snatched a purse from an old lady.

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

meh, not impressed. I can show you street driven civics that run the 1/4 mile in 10.15. I just don't get people who think that cars are all about who's faster. Its about the total driving experience. Thats what makes a 130 HP miata so much fun.

Besides, street (or highway) racing is just plain dumb, especially to those speeds.

Didn't Landshark post a disclaimer on this thread when he started it?

I find it senseless that some folks around here insist on flaming other enthusiasts, and EVEN THE MODERATORS jump in with their own angry rebuttals.

If you don't get it, Mosca, then go on to a another topic. Your reply concerning purse snatching from old ladies was the most idiotic thing I've ever read on LegacyGT.com.

The story of Landshark's adventure is this:

Some guy threw away a large sum of cash to buy a CLS500, and Landshark made a better decision when he went shopping for a new car. The CLS driver took on Landshark in his Legacy, and the CLS driver got burned.

End of story.

Hey Moscow, wunderpill, blue jello and "gutless" guy, go pound yourselves. You should trade in your Legacys for Camrys.

Dumb asses, this ain't "street racing." This is high speed running on a 4-lane wide freeway (each side) for about 1 mile at most with perhaps a half dozen cars in between, mostly cruisin on the 2 righthand lanes. Sure, this is breaking the law. But I'm willing to pay the ticket. And I don't cut people off or ride right up their butt.

You can take your moral high-road and drive 55 mph on it!

This saddens me. Up until now I haven't had any concern on posting kill stories or not. On most forums its simply not allowed. I still feel like we're all adults here and need to respect that the other adults here may have different views. It's not the story here that concerns me but the fighting back and forth between members.

Archived