LegacyGT.com

post your HIDed legacy, also color temp and watts : )

markc0220k

Are all of those pics with 55W ballasts? I am really leaning towards the 55W since I had read that someone here spoke with the owner of DDM and was told the internals of the 55W are better, but I am concerned that the 55W may be too much initial power draw and not fire reliably. What have you found with yours? Also are all the pics above 55W or are some 35W?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DIGITAL H7 5000k 55watt kit.

i had the DDM 55watt before but i kept having trouble. these light up everytime, even when i forget to switch my lights off before i start the engine.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7276/dsc07032m.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5765/dsc07026.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6869/dsc07029.jpg

and shot of my friends GC. how do you guys take shots with little glare from the lights? is it the camera or the settings? probably both, my camera had a tough time focusing from far too. help? lol.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2937/60133169.jpg

DIGITAL H7 5000k 55watt kit.

i had the DDM 55watt before but i kept having trouble. these light up everytime, even when i forget to switch my lights off before i start the engine.

how long have this Dig 5000k 55w on your car?

stock projector?

what trouble please?

thanks,

mark

how long have this Dig 5000k 55w on your car?

stock projector?

what trouble please?

thanks,

mark

well i bought a 55watt ddm at first. went bad, so i bought a 35watt kit, and sent the 55watt kit back for warranty. the 35watt goes bad, and i put the replaced 55watt kit back in. dies 3 months later. the trouble is the one or the other ballasts kept going bad, bulbs were fine. i used a relay harness also. so i got the new DIGITAL kit. i don't remember when i got it, but it was still snowing i believe so i guess early in the year.

Oh you guys are going to love my next set of pics that I'm going to put up. I just swapped my stock lenses for some E30 clear lens and DAMNNNN is it SHARP and colorful!!!

I think I'm going to go take some pics tonight.

<----Is always interested in MiniSti's light projects...:spin: Bring on the pics!!!

I finally broke down and ordered some DDM kits. One was a 50W H7 kit that I installed this weekend, the other was supposed to be a 30W H3 kit but I think they sent me the wrong bulbs. But the low beam kit is in and working pretty good. I think I will need to spend a little time aiming the lights. So far the light doesn't seem to be thrown much further than the Osram 65W lows from Daniel Stern but the big difference seems to be lighting on the sides of the road. This has increased dramatically and that is exactly what I needed with all the deer, bear and other critters running around by me. I'll try to get some pics but can't promise anything since I just have a crappy point and shoot so I don't think it will really capture teh differences.

Set your point and shoot on a night mode and turn the flash off and auto white balance if you can. The night mode should have a longer exposure so be sure to have it on a surface that is steady. Before I got my DSLR I used my point and shoot and just rested it on the roof of the car or on the dash.

1 downside to the E30 lens swap is of course the stock headlamp cover does take away some of the color but it is still very obvious. I'll try and get over to the parking garage to take some pics tonight. I still need 1 more stock legacy shield but have yet to find someone with one available. I guess nobody has busted headlights... :lol:

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best HID temperature? I recently got a conversion kit from hidkit.com with 6000k lights. They look way too blue on the street... to the point that visibility is pretty miserable especially in rainy conditions. They didn't look nearly that blue on the website with the posted examples. What is ideal for an 05 LGT? 5000k?

E30's came with projected low beams for a few years. These lens are Crystal clear!

Sorry I haven't got pics yet as I've been falling asleep on the couch every night after work.

really? my cousin had '8(?) e30m3, '92 e36m3 and '01 e46m3. i think the only e46 come with projector lens? (i don't know, not really fans of BM..)

Archived