LegacyGT.com

post your HIDed legacy, also color temp and watts : )

markc0220k

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best HID temperature? I recently got a conversion kit from hidkit.com with 6000k lights. They look way too blue on the street... to the point that visibility is pretty miserable especially in rainy conditions. They didn't look nearly that blue on the website with the posted examples. What is ideal for an 05 LGT? 5000k?

They probably gave you the wrong temperature bulbs. I run 5000k bulbs and feel that it is the best but if you were to ask my cousin his 55w 8k setup is "pure white" even though I feel it has to much color. If you scroll up to our pictures you can decide for yourself but I still like mine more and his camera didn't even pickup the full spread of my lights over his. His appear brighter because its all thrown dead center while mine is spread 2x wider and evenly spread not just thrown dead center.

Anyone have a stock broken headlamp or extra projector shield? :spin:

These are the ones i used in my 99 sub leg gt came out real http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-HID-FREE-SHIPPING/9007-HB5/V-HID-35W-SLIM-BALLAST-p4782969-1-2.html (they are 5k 35w pure white plug n play)nice pics to follow soon ,all my interior and exterior are leds ,brakes turn signals ,but reverse i did something different i used a led panel gives it the bright white when backing up even with dark 5% limo tint i can see behind me

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Volt kit. Other than occasionally having to re-turn-on the lights (sometimes the driver's side lamp doesn't come on - maybe once every 50-100 tries).

attachment.php?attachmentid=72441&stc=1&d=1251001257

attachment.php?attachmentid=72256&stc=1&d=1250640734

attachment.php?attachmentid=72442&stc=1&d=1251001257

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

mine too, why driver side? bad connection? what color temp are they?

No idea - just the side I notice it. Have double-checked everything. These are the 4300. :) Best $140? I spent on the car, IMO

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

No idea - just the side I notice it. Have double-checked everything. These are the 4300. :) Best $140? I spent on the car, IMO

i also notniced that your light level seems not quite even. i had the same problem too, but i twisted the bulbs 180 degree then adj the level.. problem solved.

Archived