LegacyGT.com

Truck Burnout FAIL

mwiener2

Actually - it's the other way around from what I did understand.

The V10 was originally planned for the truck and took a shortcut and ended up in the Viper.

No sh**. I'm gonna hafta do some research on that. As I recall the SRT branded Dodges starting being produced years after the first Viper. I could be wrong.

Everyone is bashing Dodge like it's their fault this guy is an idiot. I had a Dodge survive impacts with 3 deers, a Nissan pickup, an Oldsmobile Cutlass, and a Dodge spirit. 300K miles on the original clutch.

He took a heavy truck with an 8.3L engine and rolled it right onto the corner of the cab, all that weight, on a regular cab pickup truck. That's a lot of pressure to put on one corner of a tiny cab. Yeah, it should've held up better for such a low speed crash, but no matter how tough you make something there is always going to be some circumstance with the potential for disaster.

Never mind the fact that the truck is a body on frame design, and all the other cars with super strong A-pillars you guys are talking about have unibody construction, which means that pillar is part of the backbone of the car. The pillars on the Dodge only support the roof, the pillars on your Acura or Subaru support the entire car. Don't beleive me? Cut the roof off a car in the junkyard and stand on the front seats. The car will bow when you bounce up and down.

All cars sold in this country must be able to support their own weight on the roof, it's the law. The problem with this is that in a crash, the force put on the roof in a rollover can be multitudes higher than the weight of the car simply standing on the roof.

You could put any number of body on frame vehicles on their roof and have them hold up like a champ. Pretty much any Toyota would have no problem maintaining the passenger compartment, for that matter so would your newer Fords.

They did have a V10 in those trucks, but it was a different motor altogether.

Actually, that was true for the 2nd Gen Rams (94-02), where the V10 was an option in the 2500 and 3500's (Heavy Duty).

The V10 used was a cast iron variant of the Viper motor, displacing 8.0 liters. Different cam resulted in more low end torque.

In the 3rd Gen Rams (2003+), the 8.0 liter V10 only appeared in the 2500 and 3500's its initial year. Low take-rates were due to the poor fuel economy and power compared to the redesigned Cummins featuring common rail injection.

However, in 2004, Dodge shoe-horned the Viper variant 8.3 liter V-10 aluminum block in a limited run SRT-10 1500 standard cab short bed with a six speed manual. Later, a 4 door version showed up, albiet detuned and coupled to an automatic.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Archived