LegacyGT.com

WRX STI Carbon, FAIL!!!

Guest heightsgtltd

ok, how about on the same level as Mitsubshi or VW?

My point was in response to slegacy99 saying it's selling out by offering an auto of any kind in an enthusiast car..

ok, how about on the same level as Mitsubshi or VW?

I'm kinda late to the party, I know, but ... People bitch as it is regarding the cost of upgrading/fixing the standard 5EAT as it is. Ever looked at what it takes to tinker with a DSG unit? It ain't pretty :lol:

VW also uses some stout AISIN traditional units in some of their vehicles as well as other brands of theirs such as the Skoda. You should see how the AISIN TF-60SN 6-speed auto feels. It's as if there is no torque converter whatsoever. Having driven some pretty damn peppy traditional slushboxes, I am of the school of thought that there is still plenty of room for improving them before we all switch to the more expensive DSG et all bandwagon. It's all in how the beancounters wanna go with it. A 6 or more speed tranny with a very low stall torque converter would definitely put it on par with a DSG in terms of both feel and performance. However, when paired with AWD, that low-stall would do "funny" things with the tranny internals afaik :lol: which translates into beefed up internals which translates into $$$ and the beancounters start freakin' out.

I just test drove the 2010 sti it sucked. Steering was vague suspension was too soft, it was slow, you could feel it pulling timing at 4500 rpms and it was ugly. The steering wheel wasn't even real leather like my 05 momo wheel. I felt like I was in a toy box on wheels. / fail.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/21/tokyo-2009-wrx-sti-carbon-gets-a-weave/

Most people we talked with don't seem to understand the point of the Subaru WRX STi Carbon unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show – but it's a JDM-only car, and frankly, there are a lot of things that outsiders don't understand about the Japanese market.

The carbon-roofed A-Line will come with two choices of engine, but since the model isn't earmarked for America, we probably don't need to worry about it. That said, the powerplants are as intriguing as the car: a 2.5-liter turbo with 296 horsepower, and a more powerful 2.0-liter turbo with 305 hp. Both will operate through the only tranny on offer: a five-speed automatic. If you got past that last sentence, there's also suede inside. So you'll be more comfortable shifting... your automatic. Have a look at it in the gallery of high-res photos below.

why would they make the lower displacement engine be the more powerful option?

I just test drove the 2010 sti it sucked. Steering was vague suspension was too soft, it was slow, you could feel it pulling timing at 4500 rpms and it was ugly. The steering wheel wasn't even real leather like my 05 momo wheel. I felt like I was in a toy box on wheels. / fail.

Must be driving a different version STi than mine lol

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/21/tokyo-2009-wrx-sti-carbon-gets-a-weave/

why would they make the lower displacement engine be the more powerful option?

Twin scroll turbo... possibly higher boost, if the 2.0 is a closed deck block. The rally cars were limited to 2.0 liters, so that is the block that got more motorsports development.

Archived