LegacyGT.com

Fire Extinguisher Install

rosscarlson

I'm running an event this weekend at HPR with CECA (Colorado Exotic Car Association) and they supposedly require a fire extinguisher within reach of the driver. So I stopped by Lowes and picked up an auto one and installed it today. Looked through the service manual to see what was behind there and it was just padding and metal. Drilled out 2 holes then used metal screws to hold it in.

I'll take it out when the season is over, it looks sorta cool but is sorta ricer. As they say if you have to explain it then it isn't cool!

-Ross

http://www.jasbone.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1028495&g2_serialNumber=2

(I'm going to try to peel the sticker off it so it looks better, wonder if that voids anything...)

Yeah thanks johnAWD, I really do agree. Honestly it looks sorta cool but it is most definitely on the ricer side. I guess the difference is I actually have to have it! I actually want to add some gauges too but can't figure out a non-ricer way to do them...

Squid - hopefully I'll hang ok, I know there are some ex-pro racers that will be there tomorrow so I'll most likely run a group below them. While I can hang with most street cars full race cars can smoke me!

-Ross

I dunno. I would consider it maybe rice if it was mounted to the A or B pillar. But, down below I think it looks fine. If you remove the label and paint it black or something, it would be even more awesome. "Sleeper safety FTW!"
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I've been wanting to find a way to do electronic gauges out to the NAV screen Aux input... I have to imagine that someone out there has a package to pipe various output displays. I've actually considered whether it'd make sense to purchase an old rugged laptop, use opensource to gather data, and pipe the display out to the NAV.

I also wanted to do one of the hidden radar detector systems this way, but I haven't been able to find one that'll pipe the information to a video output :p

I've been wanting to find a way to do electronic gauges out to the NAV screen Aux input... I have to imagine that someone out there has a package to pipe various output displays. I've actually considered whether it'd make sense to purchase an old rugged laptop, use opensource to gather data, and pipe the display out to the NAV.

I also wanted to do one of the hidden radar detector systems this way, but I haven't been able to find one that'll pipe the information to a video output :p

http://magden-auto.com/

Problem with our cars though is the ECU can only go up to 18psi, so if you are pushing beyond that, or might be in the future it really isnt worth it

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

That is exactly what I'm after! I'm not too fond of the $650 price tag, but maybe I can find a good used one running around somewhere. Thanks for the post!

http://magden-auto.com/

Problem with our cars though is the ECU can only go up to 18psi, so if you are pushing beyond that, or might be in the future it really isnt worth it

Archived