LegacyGT.com

someeebody tell me

specialB

I love how that car handles, the only thing I don't like it how much body roll it gets. its not a small car but for a special production vehicle with that special production being the suspension you'd think they'd be on top of it. Even a JDM rear bar I hear even does a little bit.

I just wonder how the basic LGT compares. brakes are the same right?

imo, dont waste your time retrofitting expensive spec B struts, just get a set of coilovers and some sways and you'll be out handling them easy.

thats what I plan to do...........................eventually.

my dollar bills have jet packs on them.. as soon as the check lands they all take off. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Theres not to much difference... you get like an extra foot of stopping power from the suspension and the tires but that really it...

ohh and a baja style stance (the type of truck not the subi)

I did notice that the rear end sits a bit higher than the front a little more agressive stance i guess. but reallly its nothing that special at all?

you cannot quantify an answer of such proportion.

The SpecB is the be all end all of epic awesomeness. The LGT is like the lil ingrown hair on the gooch (between your sack and the starfish). Its just a small bump compared to the almighty SpecB.

I own a LGT Ltd, and I can only dream what it would be like to even be graced with the presence of a SpecB

-Travis

Rob (rao) you're a fine gentleman, thanks I guess.

you dont drive your car then right?

I typically keep it stored on jack stands so that the tires and suspension do not get :flat spotted", but they I read that could cause damage to the frame and to the bushings, so now I alternate daily between the stands and the ground, but I do rotate the tires a 1/4 turn each time so that do not get any uneven wear.

I also read the start up causes the most engine wear, which is why I usually don't start the engine. how do you people handle that when you drive them? Can yo set a turbo timer so that the engine stays on all of the time? Can I use some sort of special oil to reduce engine wear?

it is critical you use crisco oil after cooking bacon....ONLY BACON as it has the awesomeness left in the pan for the SpecB. Only then can you reach full potential. That off the shelf crap wont help you

-Travis

Rob (rao) you're a fine gentleman, thanks I guess.

well... the spec B does have heavier rotating mass with those dark matter (yet sexy) 18" rims of theirs.. its possible that could make a performance difference... but with the red (or is it blue) leather.. that adds 40hp right there.

not to mention it has a 6mt which may actually do something to help.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

This chart may be helpful in case this question ever comes up again:

BETTER HANDLING

|---Stock '06 Spec B

|

|

|---'06 Spec. B with suspension mods

|

|

|

|---'07+ Spec. B

|

|

|

|---Paul Walker's STI in Fast & Furious

|

|

|

|---Ferrari FXX

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|---UPS Delivery Truck

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|---Stock LGT

WORSE HANDLING

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Guest heightsgtltd

:lol: that chart should be stickied

One thing you left out is that the 08 spec B handles better than the FXX but not as well as the STI from Fast and Furious :spin:

well... the spec B does have heavier rotating mass with those dark matter (yet sexy) 18" rims of theirs.. its possible that could make a performance difference... but with the red (or is it blue) leather.. that adds 40hp right there.

not to mention it has a 6mt which may actually do something to help.

The wheels, navi, 6MT trans, and rear diff on the spec B makes it weigh more than a 5MT GT too.

Archived