LegacyGT.com

someeebody tell me

specialB

yea but the interior color adds 40hp.

the spec B logo adds another 10.. and the "special" paint adds 2 or 3 so that makes up for it.

Don't forget the cherrypicked engines... :lol:

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

either way its about a hundred handling units better than the ram i was huckin corners in before my current toy. even tho getting on two wheels, hoppin curbs, and going mudding was definitely a lot of fun. Maybe ill buy a cheap truck this winter to bash around in :rolleyes:

mudding for the most part is illegal these days.. all the land is govt owned and they wont allow it. :mad:

but its not really a fair comparison to say leaf springs and 4wd is a worse handler than the spec B.. and expect that to give the car any brownie points. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Oh come on a stock LGT isn't that bad. I should know, I drive for UPS.

Some of the newer smaller trucks are almost undriveable in the snow, there's not much weight on the back wheels. Doesn't help that they are singles instead of duallies like the bigger trucks have.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Stock to stock the spec b will be only marginally better. It will actually come down to driver at that point.

However, at the track, Pocono North to be exact. Same near-professional racer driving a

Spec B Stage 2 w/Hawk HPS pads and otherwise stock v. Stock driveline LGT Wagon w/Sways, Pinks, Konis, Group N bushings, and all the whiteline/kartboy bushings and Brembo front calipers was significantly faster than the spec b through the twisities.

So in the end if you modify the LGT it'll outhandle the Spec B easily. Especially with a good driver.

-mike

but thats unpossible! the spec B logo adds perfection in every way!

each spec B is personally kissed by Jesus himself! there's simlpy no way!

:lol:

in all seriousness.. is anyone surprised that aftermarket outperforms OEM?

I'm gonna need some of these brembo calipers.. even with hawks my car stops like poo.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I've replaced everything except the calipers.

*sigh*

I guess in the next 2 years when my tires wear out it will be time for a BBK front and rear and new rims.

just to commute!! :mad::mad:

The stock LGT/SpecB calipers are great actually. I tracked my car for 2 years with them using HP+ pads and never had a major issue. The Brembos are better but at a cost. For most folks on the street if you need more than the stockers w/HP+ pads, you are driving too fast/too hard for STREET application.

-mike

well then something else is wrong becuase my 2005 silverado can out brake my car w/o even trying.

Do the spec Bs have the same brakes? I think they do yes? just.. more rotating mass from the 400 pound 18" rims? :lol: Seems like they'd have even worse brakes.

I've put in hawk hps pads, racingbrake slotted rotors, goodridge SS lines and the superblue fluid so it wont get all boily (as if that even happens in bumper2bumper..) and they STILL suck.

The bbk kits are like $4k.. and you cant fit GT 17s over them.. tho I dont know about spec B 18s? Thats one advantage the spec B.. not exactly suspension but..

well then something else is wrong becuase my 2005 silverado can out brake my car w/o even trying.

Do the spec Bs have the same brakes? I think they do yes? just.. more rotating mass from the 400 pound 18" rims? :lol: Seems like they'd have even worse brakes.

I've put in hawk hps pads, racingbrake slotted rotors, goodridge SS lines and the superblue fluid so it wont get all boily (as if that even happens in bumper2bumper..) and they STILL suck.

The bbk kits are like $4k.. and you cant fit GT 17s over them.. tho I dont know about spec B 18s? Thats one advantage the spec B.. not exactly suspension but..

Wow I got my Front Brembo calipers for about $600. Not sure how you get to $4k.

Are you sure your silverado brakes better? Or does it only appear to have a higher/stiffer pedal feel?

Spec B has the same brakes. I am not sure if the Spec B wheels clear brembos though.

The racing brake rotors were probably a waste of extra money over the centrics as the centrics are just as good but less expensive.

-mike

Archived