LegacyGT.com

How do I convert an APv2 Map to an Opensource map?

Mindspin311

ECU flash will read a version #1 AP, but an ECU flashed with version #2 is locked out by COBB. (when the AP #2 first came out it was not locked, but shortly after its release COBB locked out all of their maps)

^^^TTBOMK

ECU flash will read a version #1 AP, but an ECU flashed with version #2 is locked out by COBB. (when the AP #2 first came out it was not locked, but shortly after its release COBB locked out all of their maps)

^^^TTBOMK

It isnt a Cobb map, its a pro tune map from an independent tuner. Does that make a difference?

If my car is currently running an APv1, it will only pull the base map, and not the realtime, correct?

It isnt a Cobb map, its a pro tune map from an independent tuner. Does that make a difference?

If my car is currently running an APv1, it will only pull the base map, and not the realtime, correct?

The title says AP#2.:confused:

With the AP the tuner can lock his map, relative to ATR or ST. This has nothing to do with locking it as far as ECUflash is concerned.

If you have a version #1 AP, then yes you can read and edit the base map with ECUflash. But I would be careful of any map that is a RT map. You really need to have ST and AP#1 to do this.

If you have AP#2, then download ATR, and you can tune from there.

I cannot really impart the full understanding here.

With ECUflash you take a flash of the WHOLE ROM (RT, and all the other stuff that have not yet been defined), then w/ RR we can edit the tables that have been defined.

^^^TTBOMK

This is correct, by Cobb he means the Access Port itself. This is regardless of who has done the actual tuning.

OK so, Ecuflash is the program I need, but..

APv1 - ECUflash will only convert the BASE map into an opensource map, whatever is written on the REAL TIME map is left behind. Is there anything I can do to get the REAL TIME data into the opensource map?

APv2 - ECUflash cant do a thing. Am I basically SOL if I want to convert a Protune map into an Opensource map?

Am I correct on both of these?

Archived