LegacyGT.com

legacy vs gt-r

I wouldn't shy away from a chance to play with one when I'm finished dialing in my setup. They're decently quick but far from untouchable.

It'll just be a contest to see whose transmission holds together longest -- mine or his!

attempted to follow one for just a short sprint and I was left in the dust.

I nearly rear ended him too when he had to stop due to traffic ahead a hundred meters later. Well, at least I have got my brakes upgraded now.

I wouldn't shy away from a chance to play with one when I'm finished dialing in my setup. They're decently quick but far from untouchable.

It'll just be a contest to see whose transmission holds together longest -- mine or his!

john, what kind of 1/4 #'s/dyno u putting up lately? :-)

john, what kind of 1/4 #'s/dyno u putting up lately? :-)

As of today, absolutely nothing. The turbo has been in place for 2 weeks and I'm still dialing in the tune at 12 psi on stock fuel before dropping in the injectors and pump. FWIW, this turbo at 12 psi moves more air than the stocker ever did at Stage 2. Rumors of lag are greatly overstated; this is a great turbo for a 2.5 liter engine.

I expect to run in the 11s at 118-120 mph and dyno around 400whp. I've been launching AWD turbo cars for the past 17 years so if they're hoping for a newb driver they'll be SOL. I haven't changed the clutch so I'm saving for a clutch/flywheel combo that I'm sure to need in a matter of weeks.

I know there's a general lack of LGT timeslips but I'm the type that will race it once it's built. I didn't install all this crap to just admire how it looks under the hood.

Anyone who says the GTR accels fast hasnt really been in anything fast. My 2000 T/A with 7k in mods ran a better 1/4mile and trapped about the same maybe a little higher. There are tens of thousands of 11 second cars out there. The gtr is a truly cool and fun car but its not made for straight line accel and there are many many cars on the streets that would spank it.

As of today, absolutely nothing. The turbo has been in place for 2 weeks and I'm still dialing in the tune at 12 psi on stock fuel before dropping in the injectors and pump. FWIW, this turbo at 12 psi moves more air than the stocker ever did at Stage 2. Rumors of lag are greatly overstated; this is a great turbo for a 2.5 liter engine.

I expect to run in the 11s at 118-120 mph and dyno around 400whp. I've been launching AWD turbo cars for the past 17 years so if they're hoping for a newb driver they'll be SOL. I haven't changed the clutch so I'm saving for a clutch/flywheel combo that I'm sure to need in a matter of weeks.

I know there's a general lack of LGT timeslips but I'm the type that will race it once it's built. I didn't install all this crap to just admire how it looks under the hood.

Im looking forward to seeing this. If you do trap 120mph you vs a GTR would be a awesome race to see.

Anyone who says the GTR accels fast hasnt really been in anything fast. My 2000 T/A with 7k in mods ran a better 1/4mile and trapped about the same maybe a little higher. There are tens of thousands of 11 second cars out there. The gtr is a truly cool and fun car but its not made for straight line accel and there are many many cars on the streets that would spank it.

some friends of mine work/own 11-12 second civics that could take a gt-r for a fraction of the cost....but in stock form, the gtr is still fast. when i saw one took off, it barely made a sound. it sounded like it was on batteries. you could tell the balance and efficiency of the car that you see on other more exotic cars.

Ya tell me about it. I have been in one. if you put a dollar bill on the dash and sit back in the seat. tell the driver to gun it and see if you can take the dollor bill of the dash. hint, you cant. you can not move your arms at all the car is so fast.

your supposed to do this with a c note :)

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Ya tell me about it. I have been in one. if you put a dollar bill on the dash and sit back in the seat. tell the driver to gun it and see if you can take the dollor bill of the dash. hint, you cant. you can not move your arms at all the car is so fast.

your supposed to do this with a c note :)

If the car accelerates so fast, wouldn't the bill fly right into your lap???

Archived