LegacyGT.com

LGT vs. Boxster S...

I had a run in with a Porsche Boxster S.... Suffice it to say that he was surprised to see me come around him and just walk away from him!!!

And this was after I allowed him to jump on the throttle 1st, so that he couldn't claim that I had the jump!

The run was from a slow roll, about 20mph til 100mph. It all started when I purposely tucked in behind him at a light, then once green, I proceeded to move over lane to overtake him, mind you, I had a feeling that he wasn't gonna let me do this, so I just kept it in gear and waited for when he was going to put the "pedal to the metal", and he did, except instead of him schooling some japanese sedan, his wunderkraft was humbled!

Afterwards, we got caught at another light, and when he pulled up, he actually complemented my car, and with a genuine surprised look asked what car I have, and I told him, and he shook his head in disbelief, and to comfort him, I had to mention that I was putting out about 285hp. He was still not too happy about it, but was gracious about his defeat. He wasn't the typical snob nose Porsche guy!

This was NOT the newest Boxster S with 276hp, but the 260 hp rated one, which is still a pretty fast car!

You mean the 258 hp one?

Or was it the 250 hp Boxster S?

Did he tell you which year his car was.

The 250 hp version runs the 1/4 in low 14's at 99-100 mph

258 hp version runs 1/4 in 13.7-13.8 @ 101+

So in order for you to walk around the 258 hp version, and pull away on him

that CAP Stg 1 and mods has to get you into mid 13's range at probably 102+ mph.

I can see getting 13.6's @ 100+ mph on stage 1 CAP

So it might have been the 250 hp Boxster S, either way, great run. You've got

to be pleased with that.

That's a great story. Gotta love the guy who shows a little respect.

On a side note, I had a guy in a regular ole' Boxster (not even the S) try to race me on my Yamaha FZ1; from a dig no less. :lol: For those that don't know the bike has 140 hp and weighs 459 lbs.

Brian

On a side note, I had a guy in a regular ole' Boxster (not even the S) try to race me on my Yamaha FZ1; from a dig no less. :lol: For those that don't know the bike has 140 hp and weighs 459 lbs.

Is that fast? On dirt? :lol:

I think my bike is 420lbs and 48 HP :(

Back on topic - I can't ever get anyone to challenge me in the LGT. Ignorance, or respect?

Back on topic - I can't ever get anyone to challenge me in the LGT. Ignorance, or respect?

Two M3's and a quite foolish SUV... an RS6 once followed me at quite a swift pace.. *shrug*

Either people don't know, or they don't think they can :)

My friend's Mom has a Carrera and his Dad a 911 Turbo. It's not even worth the effort.

Once we had both of them out for a drive. I was in the Carrera with his brother and he was in the Turbo up front. Some jackass in a WRX with guages up the pillar and a huge fart can started tailgating and hooting a hollering. We had the tops down and he shouted out that he wanted to show us a thing or two. We laughed at him and told him it wasn't even worth our time. He said he wouldn't bother with the Turbo but that he thought he could take the Carrera. Again we turned him down. The light turned green and the ass drove up through the right turn only lane, cut off some people and made a left at the light. Yeah, real cool.

i've never been in a boxster, but that Turbo will set your eyeballs back in their sockets real good. So don't even try racing one unless you're at stage 7 or something

I had a guy play with me in a some old muscle car. I don't even know what it was, but I guess he thought it had power. I'd let him pull out a little then I slide by in the left lane then slow down and let him pull up again...then smoke him. Just toyed with him till I got to my exit. I think he was getting pissed that his muscle car didn't have as much muscle as a jap car.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

A regular Carrera is not that quick. One of best friends just bought one (slightly used 996) and while certainly quick, I'm not sure that it is faster than my reflashed LGT, especially from a stop. It was still a fantastic car to drive though. Telepathic steering, compliant yet responsive suspension and a shifter that would best be described as orgasmic.

Not that quick!!!??? The Carrera is 325 HP 0-60 5.0 sec. The 911 Turbo is 415 HP 4.3 sec. The carrera only tips the scale at a little over 3000lbs. It kicks our butts hands down, even stage 2.

I dunno how old your buddies' carrera is but both of my buddies' are new...less than 3 years on the carrera and maybe a year on the turbo

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

The Carrera is a 2002 with 30K miles. It's in excellent shape. Did you drive the Carrera, or are you magazine racing? I drove the Carrera. Like I said it's a wonderful car, and very fast. But by the seat of the pants it was not any faster than my LGT at moderate speed. I haven't had a chance to run again my buddy yet, but I'm sure we will sometime.

No doubt the Turbo would hand us a can of whoop-ass.

You mean the 258 hp one?

Or was it the 250 hp Boxster S?

... You've got

to be pleased with that.

Yeah, it was the 250hp S, as it had the amber turn signal lights. And I just recently ran 13.86 at the strip, with a soft launch, due to driver error... I also have a feeling that with some more practice, my car should be able to pull 13.50's @ 102, and then once I finally get Stg2, it will be solidly in the low 13's @ 104!

Yeah as happy as I was, was as surprised as the S owner was!!!!

PatagonianGt; No not a dirt bike. The FZ1 is a street bike with a 998cc engine. It's got Yamaha's R1 engine in it with a slightly heavier crank for better around town drivability. I only toyed with him for a bit , ihe obviously wasn't worth the effort.

What kind of bike do you have?

Brian

Yeah, it was the 250hp S, as it had the amber turn signal lights. And I just recently ran 13.86 at the strip, with a soft launch, due to driver error... I also have a feeling that with some more practice, my car should be able to pull 13.50's @ 102, and then once I finally get Stg2, it will be solidly in the low 13's @ 104!

Yeah as happy as I was, was as surprised as the S owner was!!!!

Well, sounds like your times are exactly as I predicted.

The 250 hp Box S is quick, but only about as fast as our stock

LGT's (but a bit faster at freeway and above speeds).

• 3 months later...

I looked up this thread today because I got to drive my friends new Boxster S (240hp) this weekend. After looking like a dork and stalling it in a 3rd gear start off (didn't understand gear pattern :rolleyes:), I drove it quite hard and came away impressed.

Certainly hard to compare a $60K 6 cyl two seater convertable with a $27K turbo 4 sedan (My LegacyGT sedan) but my butt speedometer felt that the LGT would be quicker off the line. After that, my thinking is the 6 cyl would take over, but not sure.. And cornering, due to the larger tires and wider stance, seem a bit more sure in the Boxster. And that Porsche engine sound is just beautiful.

I am planning on taking my LGT over to get his driving impressions of it-most likely he will not be able to relate to a 250 horsepower Japanese sedan after just buying a Porsche...

Archived