LegacyGT.com

Vacation to Dallas

SubiGiirl

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curious if this is serious or not...either way, I know I'll enjoy it.

I am serious but I'm sure if I went back with a different group I'd have a better time.

I went for a wedding about 2 years ago that was the worst wedding I'd ever been to in my life. Add to that the fact that everyone I met that was from there was just downright nasty to me for being a new yorker & well, it was just a recipe for disaster.

The wedding was a black tie affair.....held in the gymnasium of the school :rolleyes:

It was also the night before the giants/pats superbowl so I had to listen to all that trash talk.

I would like to go back one day & try it again but sadly I think that just like in boston, being from NY in dallas is just walking around with a target on your head :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I am serious but I'm sure if I went back with a different group I'd have a better time.

I went for a wedding about 2 years ago that was the worst wedding I'd ever been to in my life. Add to that the fact that everyone I met that was from there was just downright nasty to me for being a new yorker & well, it was just a recipe for disaster.

The wedding was a black tie affair.....held in the gymnasium of the school :rolleyes:

It was also the night before the giants/pats superbowl so I had to listen to all that trash talk.

I would like to go back one day & try it again but sadly I think that just like in boston, being from NY in dallas is just walking around with a target on your head :lol:

LOL, I'm from NY too and I ran into a few people like that when I first moved here but it has turned out to be much better than I hoped.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

LOL, I'm from NY too and I ran into a few people like that when I first moved here but it has turned out to be much better than I hoped.

:lol::lol:

Like I said, it was probably just the situation that I was in that made me have a crap time.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

The other problem is that there are a ton of douchers here in Dallas...especially in Dallas. They're very stuck up and think they're the best thing since the the automobile. This is why I prefer fort worth over Dallas. Everyone is more laid back and friendly. In Dallas it's all about what you have that others don't...and then if you have, what you look like and who you know. It's like a wanna-be beverly hills, but with gross accents.

I agree, I definitely prefer Fort Worth to Dallas. Some people say it's ghetto but I really don't see it. There's some bad parts, but there's bad parts of any city.

Verwilderd, did you try to call me the other day? I thought I had a missed call from the dealer, but I couldn't check my VM. Stupid iPhone acting up.

-Brandon

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Yeah I tried calling to follow up....we also got the 2010 GT in...

And with regards to fort worth being ghetto....I can see where someone might think that, but in reality it's not...you just don't have the tons of "nice" places...

The best way to describe it I think is that Fort Worth has your normal bars and Dallas has lounges.

Yeah I tried calling to follow up....we also got the 2010 GT in...

And with regards to fort worth being ghetto....I can see where someone might think that, but in reality it's not...you just don't have the tons of "nice" places...

The best way to describe it I think is that Fort Worth has your normal bars and Dallas has lounges.

Sweet! I want to get down there and check that thing out when it stops raining. No luck on the other thing though, still working on it.

I agree with you on the bars vs lounges thing, even though I'm starting to like the ones popping up in "downtown" Las Colinas.

-Brandon

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

The Fortworth zoo looks like it be a great place to go. I have been craving some carne guisada tacos, they don't make carne guisada in the mexican restaurants here in Washington. How sad is that

If you want some good mexican food, you should try La Playa Maya. It's just outside of downtown Fort Worth. They are more authentic than most in this area....The problem is that most restaurants are Tex-Mex and not Mexican. This place has both, Tex-Mex dishes as well as some Mexican ones.

...And I lived in Germany for a year and a half and I found a couple of Mexican places....the funny thing was that these places were ALWAYS packed, but the food was wicked GROSS!!!! Imagine corn and Mayo in everything.....that's "Mexican" food in Germany!

Archived