LegacyGT.com

How to get rid of hard water spots on your windows - It really works.

Ok,

We have pretty hard water here, and after 5 years my windows were pretty spotted up. I've tried most of what people say such as stoner's glass cleaner, vinegar, etc, but nothing worked.

Until now. Go to your local grocery store or bed bath beyond and grab a can of Bar Keeper's friend. Take a cloth (i use microfiber) and get it damp. Sprinkler a good amount on there until you have a light paste. Work it on the windows in a circular motion. Wash them down and be amazing. My windows look new.

Hope this helps some other people out there!

I've also heard that Dainase (vendor on here) came up with a product that is wipe on wipe off simple for removing water spots...It was posted up a while ago but I never heard if it worked or not. It was asked if it would work on paint but the thread kinda died...I wonder if it works?

I've been using their swirl abolisher with GREAT results for the last year so I kinda wanted to give it a try...

Thanks for the thread...I've been wondering what it would take to get my windows clean. I'll give this a try!

A replacement is 500 bucks deductable under my insurance.

Too much to spend on a windshield that actually isn't cracked. Just pitted.:redface:

Just a heads up on that when I replaced my cracked windshield if I went through insurance it was $700+ for the replacement so I would pay the 500 deductable. If I just did it without insurance it was around $360.

I got a quote for $350 CDN if I do not go through insurance (I have a $1000 deductible). That's for a new windshield with wiper de-icing, extra shading around the rear view mirror and the trim piece that gets destroyed when removed.

BTW: to clean my windows I use ceramic/glass stove top cleaner. The best thing is it removes the wax that automatic car wash systems spray on your windshield, if you use them.

I had really hard water spots on my windows, I tried vinegar/water, straight vinegar, Lime Away, and even CLR. Nothing made a difference. The thing that finally worked (and got rid of 100% of the spots) was glass polish and 00 grade steel wool. Glass polish is your friend, even if you don't have spots. Just put it on an applicator pad and polish away, it makes your windows shine like a wax makes your paint shine.

Besides, "obsessive" is just a term the lazy use for people that are thorough :lol:

-fishbone

• 2 weeks later...

Archived