LegacyGT.com

The Ridiculousness

ScoobySTi07

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the best way to kick a Subaru owner square in the jimmy after his car is totaled?

How about a BNR 18G/TD05H and lengthened BC Racing BR dampers and springs.

FML :(

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/New%20gear/IMG_2810.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/New%20gear/IMG_2806.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/New%20gear/IMG_2807.jpg

BNR 18G in bag, LGT and Outback BC Racing BR coilovers compared. Let's just say I'll be putting an entire Stage 3 setup up and some of the best quality coilovers I've had the pleasure to use up for sale in the near future.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Wow do you have this post like wired to your iPhone or something?

This is what my apartment looks like. If that gives you any idea of what my life is going through right now that will tell you why I haven't posted a for sale thread yet.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/New%20gear/IMG_2811.jpg

I don't mean to be rude and I understand you're interested but when I get my act together I'll let you know.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

sorry if I'm a bit too interested. Meagans will do that to you. Any option at this point would be better thank what I have going on right now. hope you understand. good luck with cleaning up the apartment, and yes I get posts to the iphone.

Mine were fine for over 35k. The rear dust boots tore, the coating on the springs cracked and they started to rust and the seals around the front inverted struts had started to go when I replaced them with the BC's but other than that I never had any problems. Other than those things the main reasons I had for switching over to the BC's was the 8k springs on the rear shocks vs 6k on the MR's, the greater camber adjustability on the front shocks and to see if I could get another company to create an option for Outback owners.

Now that I have them in person the BC's are even better than I expected mostly because they actually take advantage of the longer damper body giving the coilover more travel instead of just adding threads to get height. The travel difference between the LGT and OBXT on the front and rear is 1" and 1.5" travel respectively. The fully assembled height difference is 2" on the front and 2.75" on the rear. I won't be able to see if they can actually get the car to stock height but it should be close and unfortunately I won't be able to make the same measurements on the Megan's anymore. :(

damn elliott (deadly duplicator) that totally sucks man, i hate reading this :( i'm a tad late here but shit... you never come around any of the places i used to talk to you in. how come you don't search for another outback??? glad you're alright though dude... no question in my mind, could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Well I'm headed to Japan in about 2 months for 2 years or more so picking up a new Outback right now is kind of pointless.

I've learned my lesson the hard way that making your daily driver your driving toy is an expensive proposition. Next time I'm going with an economical, albeit slightly modified, daily and a true play thing.

Plus who knows what retarded creation I may come back from Japan with. ;)

oooooooooooh yea forgot about you going out there for the rescue type job you told me about... well hell i'm sure you'll end up finding something you like. i've got another friend out there, he's running around in an r32 he loves. i know i'd go after an fd (rx7) since i've been in love with those for years.... wouldn't surprise me if you did come back with something a little on the rare side for over here.

i know the feeling of a modded daily all too well, i'm trying to not walk the same path anymore then i already have honestly. i keep trying to tell myself that stage two is plenty, but that other part of my brain is craving a bit more. like you i wanted either the 18 or 20g from bnr... now that you've got the 18 up for sale it really is tempting even though i would sit on it for a long ass while before i could swing the other things needed lol.

i do second the idea of a modest daily with a toy car, that's what i want to do as well buuuuuut currently might be out of a job here in a bit under a year sooooo i don't see that happening any time soon for me.

either way, best of luck man.... hope it all works out alright.

Thanks man. It's always good to hear from you. Give those guys my best.

That sucks about the job. I know how it is with the whole stage 2 vs 3 dilemma. I was good with 2 then BNR came along. As for Japan who knows what I might come back with.

Archived