LegacyGT.com

The Ridiculousness

ScoobySTi07

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does the graph only go up to 6,000rpm?

I'm curious to see how quickly it drops off. My old 05 LGT was tuned to 7100rpm reliability (although it made no power there).

Honestly I don't know why it cuts off just past 6k. Most plots end somewhere between 6 and 7 anyway and since it wasn't as if I was going to make any more power higher up I'm guessing he just decided to end the pull at about 6. As for being tuned out to 7, just because the dyno graph ends there doesn't mean the tuner didn't bother adjusting the map that far out. Over 6 there isn't much that can't just be extrapolated after all there is no power there. As for the drop off just continue the trend line all the way out to 7. Based on that probably about 200-220whp and 120-140wtq.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

• 1 month later...

Figure I haven't posted anything about the car in a while so here are some pics with my winter shoes on and a new set of LGT BC Racing BR coilovers (it's a long story for another thread).

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/Winter%20Wheels/DSC_7779-2.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/Winter%20Wheels/DSC_7786-2.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/Winter%20Wheels/DSC_7806-2.jpg

I think I may have gone a little heavy on the post processing but whatever.

Anyway I'll be getting my hands on one of BNR's 18G/TD05's in the next month or so. I am happy with the Stage II performance but I just feel it's missing something plus with the BNR basically being a drop in replacement I think it was just a little too enticing. I currently have everything I need for the install minus a gasket or two sitting in my apartment (you can check The Ridiculousness below for the full list) :D I'm hoping to get into the low 300's with it and maybe even rock some E85 later but we'll see. I have no intention of running meth/water injection because I can just see myself forgetting to fill the damn thing and loosing an engine over it. Here's to hoping all goes well.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Thanks for the props folks. I really do appreciate it. :D

As for the BC coils . . . long story short, yes Legacy version BC Racing BR coils will work on your Outback. The rear's are at full extension per factory specs (-1.3 camber) and the fronts are lowered about an inch to match the rears. The car looks awesome and is slammed as hell. I've had more comments on it lately than ever with my MR coils. However, the car is about this much | | (<- actual size maybe a little exaggerated) off the LGT bump stops.

Needless to say I'm not going to go load up the car with a trunk load of bricks or even a backseat full of adults if I don't have to. We'll see what ends up happening with the extended versions I was supposed to get in the first place. I'll give a full review of MR Outback coils, BC BR LGT coils and finally BC BR Outback size coils when they come in.

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks I have some bad news to share with you. This weekend on the way back from Aspen I had a run in with an elk.

I was traveling south up Poncha Pass on highway 285 just south of Salida, CO. I came around a blind right hand corner to find an elk running left to right across the road into my lane. I managed to dodge the elk to right but dipped the tires into the snow/ice/gravel on the shoulder and lost control of the car. I spun out and skidded across three lanes of traffic into the opposite guardrail. The car impacted the guardrail on the driver's front corner deploying the driver's airbag. The car continued to spin against the guardrail and the passenger's side slammed into the rail setting off its curtain airbags. The car finally came to rest perpendicular to the road in the downhill traffic's lane.

Needless to say the car is FUBAR but I managed to get away with nothing more than a slightly stiff neck. The car will be looked over by the assessor on Thursday so I'll know then whether it is a total loss or not. Right now it's not looking too good so I won't be surprised if they do total it. She was a great car and will be missed.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/Crash%20-%201%20March%2010/IMG_2788.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/Crash%20-%201%20March%2010/IMG_2789.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/Crash%20-%201%20March%2010/IMG_2790.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/Crash%20-%201%20March%2010/IMG_2792.jpg

For all of you who drive in elk/deer country make sure to at least tag the damn thing on the way by. It'll make the insurance companies a lot happier.

Well right now I'm trying to figure out what exactly the insurance company wants as far as me pulling parts. The two people I've talked to so far have said two completely opposite things for whether I need to take the parts before the assessor even comes out or wait until after they end up totaling it. Either way I've got a fair amount the original parts in storage and as long as the parts are mostly intact I figure I can have the car stripped down in about a day if it comes to that. At that point I'll be selling what is in good shape not to mention my summer gear and those parts I have for Stage 3 which I was going to be installing this coming weekend. :(

If they total it I’m not sure what will replace it. I'll be headed to Japan for 2 years in about 2-3 months so getting a new car is kind of pointless. Leasing is also probably out of the question since I know leases tend to be for a longer duration. Right now I'm in the rental car my insurance is paying for and will probably use that for a month until I reach the max pay out. After that I'm not really sure.

Yeah the guard rail saved my bacon for sure. It would have been at least a 50 ft drop down a 60 degree slope if it wasn't there. As long as it doesn't cost over $100,000 to repair I'll be good. ;)

Anyway thanks all for the sympathies. I'll keep you updated on the details.

Well it's official the car is totaled.

The main reason for the car being a loss isn't frame issues, my underbraces probably helped me out in that department. The big factor is the engine and transmission are essentially pushed an inch up and 2 inches back from their normal positions. The initial impact was so great the pitch stop snapped in half rather than separate at one of the mounts. I'll find out sometime this week what the settlement will be.

Today I managed to pull almost everything I put on the car off. Most of the stuff in front of the engine was a loss but everything after it is fine. The brakes are in perfect shape but the wheels I had to chalk up as a loss because of the damage to both passenger side wheels which is unfortunate but hey they're only Rotas. The suspension is solid except for the passenger front coilover but all that is bad on it is a slightly tweaked lower mount which I should be able to get a replacement from BC Racing so I can sell the entire set. The top mount is also fine except for a couple of bent fins. I’ll be putting up a for sale thread eventually.

Archived