LegacyGT.com

The Ridiculousness

ScoobySTi07

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

natoli, sorry but open entries ended about a week ago and the voting's started.

e-tank I recommend Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner and a nice soft wheel brush. Just follow the directions on the bottle and I can get all my wheels done in about an hour and that's taking them completely on and off the car.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Still holding up well? I'm anxious to hear a winter report.

That's actually the exact tire size I want when I replace my wheels. Plus, my ride height will be similar to yours after the Enduratech's go on!

What was the cost of the F&R kit? I wonder how they compare to Brembos... I could do the math, but I'm tired.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The brakes are great and holding up fine. I just went in and double checked all the torques and tolerances after about a month of driving and everything is still perfect other than the brake dust which was expected and fine by me. However, I've got a lot of squealing when applying very little brake pressure to come to a stop from low speeds. The squeal is a little strange seeing as I have ceramic pads coated with anti-squeal but I may have to throw shims in as well to kill the noise. I've been tossing around the idea of different pads and going with a semi-metallic or sintered pad but I've got a lot of research to do before I do that.

As for the wheels and tires they are fantastic and a great match to the brakes. I've been able to lock them up but it takes trying. The wet handling is great as well. The wheels have a +46 offset and are 8.5" wide with a 235 tire. I've had no rubbing on the fronts but the rears are rubbing the very inside of the plastic wheel well liner. There is about a 1/4-1/2" of spacing between the tire and the actual frame so I would advise being careful with your choices and not to let the tire shop put clip on weights on the insides of your wheels.

All the brake force and bias information you'd ever need is here courtesy of praedet http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30088

They ran me $3500 for the full kit which included lines, pads, 2 piece slotted rotors, calipers and all the mounting hardware. Needless to say they put a solid dent in my mod money and I won't be getting rid of the car anytime soon. ;)

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Hmm...

I was thinking about the Rota Gravels, which are an 18x8.5 with a 44 offset, so that should help inner clearance. I was going to run a 245/45/18 (what I thought you were running). I wonder if those wheels would clear these brakes? $3500 is a chunk of change for sure!

What are you going to do in the winter?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sorry miss typed it should have been a 4. I have 245/45-18 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec on the car. You'll be a little farther to the outside of the well with that offset but I don't think you'd be too far outside. You'll definitely have to put some camber on the fronts to make it look good.

For the brake clearance just email Mach V Dan (fastWRX.com) or the guys at wheeldude.com. Let them know what you want to clear and include the brake diagrams off of StopTech's website and they should be able to help you out. That being said I think I remember somebody saying the Gravels clear Brembos which are pretty close but I'm not 100% on that.

As for winter setups, I'm not sure right now. I currently live lower Alabama (for the next couple of months or so anyway) where during the winter the lows might dip into the 30's with average highs in the high 50's. Snow isn't an issue just maybe some ice on a random day. I still haven't check what kind of spacing would be required to fit my stockers back up but if it looks like less than 5mm (which I doubt) I might do spacers for the 2-3 months a year that it gets "cold" here. However, I'll be moving to Albuquerque after that so cold and snow is a little more of an issue or if I have to go too large on the spacer I'll probably pick up a set of 17x7.5-8 Rotas (in black!) with proper spacing and put a 235 or 225 winter tire on them.

I'm lowering mine using Enduratech coilovers for the Sedan (but with different spring rates). 7k front, 8k rear. It should put me JUST right in the ride height department.

Thanks for the info Scooby. I'll bother Dan at MachV, since I know he has a set on the shelf.

Very nice looking Red OBXT. Wish they had a better option for lowering these wagons.
You and me both.

I'm lowering mine using Enduratech coilovers for the Sedan (but with different spring rates). 7k front, 8k rear. It should put me JUST right in the ride height department.

Thanks for the info Scooby. I'll bother Dan at MachV, since I know he has a set on the shelf.

Enduratech makes different sedan and wagon coilovers? Their site says 8k front and 7k rear rates for the LGT coils. I've been looking at these, BC's, Ksports, KW, Stance and Tein as possible replacements for my MR's. Can't wait to hear about the height drop and the ride quality. Definitely keep us updated.

I wish I could just try them all and return the ones that either don't end up fitting correctly or driving the way I want them too. If only parts suppliers had the same kind of return policy as REI.

• 1 month later...

So I figured I'd bump my old thread rather then start a new one.

Finally got a dyno tune now that I'm in Albuquerque and everything on the car is pretty much finalized for this stage in the game. I worked with Cameron from CAMTuning who was able to eek some more out of the car over the e-tune I got a couple years ago. He also fixed the slight knocking tendencies the last tune had as well as leaned out the super rich fuel scheduling the car had been running.

I'm happy with the power the car's making especially since the run was made at 5200 feet. The car is probably making a little more power than the chart shows because we were having a tough time keeping the top mount cool. The VF40 is the limiting factor on the power but I was pleasantly surprised that the power didn't fall off that much up top.

And before you ask the boost sensor the dyno had was a little wonky which explains the wacky curve and I've yet to get the logs from Cameron but the boost is stable I just can't remember what the max psi was.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii26/ScoobySTi07/New%20gear/DynoResults.jpg

A while back I talked with the guys at importimage about some more suspension options and apparently they can custom order BC BR coilovers with extended shock housings so they will basically be exactly like the MR Outback Coilovers. I've been kind of keeping that one in my back pocket while I look for other options. I haven't been looking that hard but so far that's one of the best options I've come across.

A while back I talked with the guys at importimage about some more suspension options and apparently they can custom order BC BR coilovers with extended shock housings so they will basically be exactly like the MR Outback Coilovers. I've been kind of keeping that one in my back pocket while I look for other options. I haven't been looking that hard but so far that's one of the best options I've come across.

I haven't been keeping up with this forum at all! I didn't realize you guys were asking me questions.

Yes, Enduratech makes a coilover that will work for wagon duty. It depends on how low you want to go.

I'm doing the install in the spring and it will probably be dropped to around OEM sedan height. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the body spacers to keep geometry in check, but I'll have to do that math later.

Will do.

It looks like the drop will actually be around 2" total. Not terrible.

I'll probably do a bolt-in install, then work on acquiring the bits to remove the added spacers to, effectively, be just a Legacy Wagon.

I think that's about where I am as far as drop goes with my Megans. You going with adjustable top hats? I haven't bothered to remove anything other than the rear bump stops.

Yea, the Enduratechs come with Camber plates up front.

Archived