LegacyGT.com

Rota Gravel - JDM Enkei STI replicas!

N.sane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks man. I wasnt sure at first but im glad I got them. Sti style spoiler on and im putting the jdm honey comb grill on today.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c8/jaycashmoney10/picsay-1339191225.jpg

looking very jdm :)

out of interest what spoiler is it? Contemplating getting some form of lip on my trunk.

I bough it used off the forums but I believe its an Sti style replica spoiler made by ravspec. Need to drill a hole on the trunk for the third brake light. Though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
anyone have a good source for replacement center caps for these? the cheaper the better :) i have some sti overlays waiting to go on them

Heat up the Rota center cap a little and use something plastic to pry the rota emblem off the cap. The ROTA emblem will come right off revealing a colored center cap. I did this to the center caps on my SVNs ;)

• 1 month later...
Heat up the Rota center cap a little and use something plastic to pry the rota emblem off the cap. The ROTA emblem will come right off revealing a colored center cap. I did this to the center caps on my SVNs ;)

I simmered mine in water for a minute or two. Then the emblem slid right off.

You cannot walk away from the stove when you do this. Also, only do one at a time. You also need to constantly stir/make sure they do not contact the bottom of the pan. They warp very quickly. Didn't have to use any type of residue remover tho, the rota emblem peeled right off after taking them out of their hot water bath.

• 3 months later...

How is everyone loving their Rota Gravels?

I don't have a legacy, but I do have a 2012 WRX hatchback....and I can see that these wheels are extremely popular on this forum.

And quality control issues yet? I owned a set of Rotas in the past (years ago), and I recall the paint quality being sub-par...back then you were lucky if the paint on all 4 wheels matched. So I'm a little paranoid if things have improved since?

I'm leaning towards the Gunmetallic because they are the most OEM looking to my car.

Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks man. I wasnt sure at first but im glad I got them. Sti style spoiler on and im putting the jdm honey comb grill on today.

Is this the gunmetallic color? This car looks incredible...very nice.

• 3 months later...

I love those rims! I'm currently searching around for some in a gun metal color.. either 17" or 18"....not sure yet...any recommendations from the forum?

BTW - Ur car is HOT! Nice job!:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

ok so what's the consensus.... hyper silver or hyper black on OBP?

going to pull the trigger on this shortly just can't decide which colour. i like contrast but not sure how much contrast the hyper black would have against OBP, hard to tell from the pics.

ok so what's the consensus.... hyper silver or hyper black on OBP?

going to pull the trigger on this shortly just can't decide which colour. i like contrast but not sure how much contrast the hyper black would have against OBP, hard to tell from the pics.

I've struggled with this myself, but with a DGM LGT. In theory hyper black should look good, but I've seen some pics (especially when the car is not clean) where they get completely lost. On OBP it might be worse. I think I would get hyper silver for my DGM if I were to get them because there is definitely more contrast than hyper black.

But I really want to like hyper black...

I've struggled with this myself, but with a DGM LGT. In theory hyper black should look good, but I've seen some pics (especially when the car is not clean) where they get completely lost. On OBP it might be worse. I think I would get hyper silver for my DGM if I were to get them because there is definitely more contrast than hyper black.

But I really want to like hyper black...

I'm in the same boat, I think Hyper Silver is going to look really clean on OBP. Especially at night :cool:

Now I just can't decide on tire size.... 225 40 looks stretched, 245 35 is probably too wide and will need rolling and 235 40 might be too tall (H&R springs, about 1.4 inch drop in front and 1.2 in rear). Tough decisions....

I'm in the same boat, I think Hyper Silver is going to look really clean on OBP. Especially at night :cool:

Now I just can't decide on tire size.... 225 40 looks stretched, 245 35 is probably too wide and will need rolling and 235 40 might be too tall (H&R springs, about 1.4 inch drop in front and 1.2 in rear). Tough decisions....

Definitely better looking at night. Good point!

Make sure you post pictures :)

Archived