LegacyGT.com

Auto tranny noise?

Does anyone have this problem: I have an auto 09 SE, and when coming to a stop I hear a clunk noise coming from the shifter. When am at a stop and I press the brake I hear it again, sounds like the shift locking mechanism is overacting or something.

Well seeing as your car is brand new and still under warranty I think it is time to make a service appt. I'm not a fan of the 4EAT I once made a comment about it and it upset people :lol: Sounds like a simple issue however and the dealer will be your best avenue to a resolution.

it's a "click" coming from the shifter stick, right? i believe it's happening when it downshifts into first gear, happens in my 05 5EAT, has been happening the whole time i've owned it (year+). not sure what it's from but it sounds like it is coming directly from the shifter stick so i'm not concerned. probably an electromechanical switch as you suggested.

it might be locking and/or unlocking the ability to shift into reverse. you hit a low enough speed that it now allows it. never tried throwing it into reverse at high speed so this is just speculation :lol:

it might be locking and/or unlocking the ability to shift into reverse. you hit a low enough speed that it now allows it. never tried throwing it into reverse at high speed so this is just speculation :lol:

yeah this is the click when slowing down, i think you have to be slower than 10mph for it to unlock

however, i think my shift lock mechanism is unusually apparent; when i depress the brake pedal while stopped i can even feel the mechanism hitting the plastic casing of the shift gate. i think this is abnormal but not sure how to fix it, i'm out of bumper-bumper warranty so i don't want to bother going to the dealership over it. but if you do find out what the issue is, i'd like to know.

Does anyone have this problem: I have an auto 09 SE, and when coming to a stop I hear a clunk noise coming from the shifter. When am at a stop and I press the brake I hear it again, sounds like the shift locking mechanism is overacting or something.

That is normal and yes that is the shift lock mechanism.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived