LegacyGT.com

taking a trip to Bethel, Maine

JimyJoeBob

So during the beginning of next week I will be traveling up to Bethel for a couple days for a mini vacation with my girlfriend. I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions of things to do/places to go/places to take a drive thru, anything to that sort. We are going up there and staying with her parents in a condo they rent so there may be times I need to get away for a couple hours or something.

So during the beginning of next week I will be traveling up to Bethel for a couple days for a mini vacation with my girlfriend. I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions of things to do/places to go/places to take a drive thru, anything to that sort. We are going up there and staying with her parents in a condo they rent so there may be times I need to get away for a couple hours or something.

too bad you werent there a couple weeks ago for the new england forest rally! go check out rumford, me... they have some pretty sweet waterfalls right in the town. its about 20-30 minutes from bethel, so that could kill a couple hours. the appalacian trail crosses up in the area too, if you wanted to go for a hike. other than that, you're on your own... enjoy the scenery!

I've never understood why people make such pointless comments? :rolleyes:

Depending on where you go in ME there are some great places and things to do.

Its in the Interwebz Bill of Rights.

Regardless, Im quite familiar with Maine having spent MUCH time there and I reiterate, "I never understood...."

:lol:

Look, simply put, if its not the ******* Catalina Wine Mixer, I don't want anything to do with it.

You have that right, mother fucker! ******' great movie, eh?

Rehab is for quitters.

I could watch that movie over and over again...I loved Hangover as well and Old School is my all time favorite! Better than Caddyshack and that is a tall order.

Back to the OP's ??? I am from Ipswich, BTW....been to bethel many a times but been a long time and really only skied and drank....

Rehab is for quitters.

Bethel is BORING in the Summer. Nothing to do. Take Rt. 2 into NH and 16 down to the North Conway region. Stop at Mt. Washington and take the Subie up the mountain road to the summit then after you come back down, head across the road to Wildcat for a zip line ride and gondola ride to the summit for a good view of Mt. Washington. Head down to Jackson and stop for lunch at the Shannon Door Pub in Jackson or Delaney's Hole in the Wall in North Conway for lunch. Let the girlfriend do some tax free shopping in the outlets in North Conway to score some points with her or for some fun, do the alpine slide at Attitash. Do dinner (make reservations) at the 1785 Inn in North Conway and ask for Alan as your server. She'll love the place. Out of there by 9:00 and to the Red Parker Pub in Glen by 9:08 for some drinks and local flavor (try to get a chair lift seat on the left side of the bar).

That's what I'd do.

Archived