LegacyGT.com

legacy to sti who made the switch?

i know theres a few out there that did...

any regrets?

driving the audi now, i really miss the leggy.. i miss the rumble and the power...

im torn again from where i was a year ago,

i should have never traded the leggy in, but i did, and i was dumb... but it did make me appreciate it a lot more,

obviously the sti will not give me as much plush as the legacy ...mianly shopping spec-bizzles

with irvine already having the 2010...

i guess im contemplating 4 cars

08/09 leggy

09 sti

2010 leggy

and far from every thing would be the EvoX again...

i know a few dont like the 2010 leggy but i do...and would have tons of plans for it to be sexy...again planning on driving it soon...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

There are still a few brand new 08' SpecB's out there. However if I were you I would go used, the depreciation on Leggys is just far too much.

ya but the interest rates also get you...

south coast has an 08... i really watned an swp spec but closest on is in ok...wow...

any one else?

Shamar are you tuning sti's already?

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

I test drove that 2010 and it was nice. felt and looked like a higher class of car...there's some serious potential.

you bought an A3 right? can you do much to mod it, but not break the bank?

^i got the a3...and no the mod potential on this car is there...but it breaks the bank...

3gs to upgrade to a bre minimum gt28 turbo kit? nah...

any euro cars break bank to mod.

they markup products a lot when it comes to modding luxury cars..... things that cost $300 on a typical car would cost like $700 on theirs.... cause they know those people will pay.

I dont know what kinda of asians you know.

Although i lived in SD for a few months and im pretty saddened by how most of the filipinos i see out there live. And also not use to it comen from jersey.

and its not really racist as it is to sterotyping.

I'm not racist by any means or anything but I find that most asians don't want to spend money and most everyone else will spend it.

oh dont get me wrong...while i am filipino... i dont mind spending money...as long as i can justify it...when you are paying $600 for a 3ft downpipe...uh no thanks

statistically tho..weird as it may be... asians while stereotyped to not want to spend tons of moey as be a frugal as possible are also known to have a higher average household income, and default less when it comes to credit...weird how the world works huh?:spin:

yeah that is weird and that's basically what I mean. My friend growing up had both parents working at a hospital. Dad was an Anesthesiologist and Mom was a neurosurgeon. They had like NOTHING in the house and drove these old beat up lexus that was never clean or anything. I always thought it was odd that they choose to live that way when the didn't have to.

^yup my parent were that way too...hell we didnt have cable until i was able to pay for it...even then they were like your wasting your money...lol...

yeah that is weird and that's basically what I mean. My friend growing up had both parents working at a hospital. Dad was an Anesthesiologist and Mom was a neurosurgeon. They had like NOTHING in the house and drove these old beat up lexus that was never clean or anything. I always thought it was odd that they choose to live that way when the didn't have to.

old world mentality. always save money for the future. only spend what you need to survive/live.

besides the super rich asians... most will tend to save.... like me, i'm cheap as hell, but a few times out of year, i spend like no tomorrow.... then regret it, and don't spend anything for a year until i do it again... haha :lol:

I went the other way. I went from '05 STi->'08 STi->'08 spec.B. I don't really miss the STi's that much but then I'm over that type of car for now. It is nice having the added HP but the thing that made both STi's so nice is the handling. It's awesome off the lot. They're like cats with glue on their paws. Stick like hell to the tarmac. Not that they're slow either. My '05 would do 0-60 in 4.5 and about 13 in the quarter mile. Not bad for a stock machine. The '08 is a lot more plush than the '05 on the inside. You'll read all kinds of crap about how the '08+ STi's are less of a car than the previous gens, that's crap. Mine was just as hot as my '05 (they were both stock). But I kinda out grew them. Decided I wanted a little more of refined car with a nice ride. But still wanted a "proper" transmission. The spec did it for me. I don't know if this helps you at all, but it's my take on the three of them.

-joe-

^ya actually does

spec is still number one on the list...

if i have to settle then evo or sti ...i just really want a sunroof...but i cant get what with the STI...but i can with the wrx premium which really sucks because i dont really want cloth...lol

if i cant find to meet my budget now then i guess i will wait until the time is right ...

Archived