LegacyGT.com

All season tires in the $100-$120 range

Sebastian

As the title states I'm looking for all season tires in the $100-$120 range. I live in Cincinnati so I do have all 4 seasons to contend with when driving, but I also like summer backroad driving and the occasional autox. I currently have Kumho Ecsta 711's on the front and Kumho Ecsta Supras on the back. (I have no idea why previous owner did this..) I'm not happy with the performance of these tires on wet roads and would like the to reduce the pushing the car does when hard cornering on dry roads. My car is an 05 lgt Stage1 tune with Cobb F+RSB.

So far I've been looking into the following list.

Goodyear Eagle GT

Continental Conti-extremes

Bridgestone Potenza G 019

Yokohama AVID W4S

Continental Extreme Contact

I am open to other suggestions. I've noticed that the Conti Extremes and Yokohamas don't have a mileage warranty, so that's one con for them. All input is welcome, but I'd really like to here from people who have had experience with 2 or more of these different tires and can compare them.

Kumho ASX aren't that expensive, and haven't scared me in the wet stuff. I live in Vancouver too... it rains 10 months a year here.

+1 just installed a new set of ASXs on my lgt and bought a set for my mothers g35x. $92 each from tirerack as of last week.

I just picked up a set of Conti Extreme Contacts from TireRack. Haven't had a chance to put them on yet but from the 200+ reviews from Subaru owners it seems like the best tire to get. Especially since they are giving out a free TomTom GPS if you buy four Conti tires (Must buy tires before July 31st).

They are rated top three in TireRacks all season tests.

Just got 4 eagle gt's from discount tire direct's ebay store for 414.20 shipped. Forgot to take advantage of Bing's 8% cashback if you use paypal. Nice ride, kinda loud. Good ratings, hope they do the trick in the snow. Glad to be gone with those re92's.

Leaning towards the Conti Extremes, but I can get a decent discount at a local dealer if I go with a bridgestone or firestone tire. Has anyone here driven on both the Extreme AND the G019's? Looking for a comparison. I can get the G019's for $435 installed.

Also when looking at the ExtremeContact, should I be looking at the regular one or the "DWS" version? The DWS version has a differnt tread pattern and is $15 more at Tirerack and comes with a 60k warranty.

Guest heightsgtltd
I have the contiextremes and they are great, but isn't there an update to them that is even better?

I have the contiextremes and they are great, but isn't there an update to them that is even better?

ExtremeContact DWS

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS

Got 2nd in Tirerack's latest UHP test

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/TireTestServlet?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS&tirePageLocQty=

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Also when looking at the ExtremeContact, should I be looking at the regular one or the "DWS" version? The DWS version has a differnt tread pattern and is $15 more at Tirerack and comes with a 60k warranty.

The DW is the summer version, tread looks like it would be useless in snow.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DW

DWS is the UHP all-season version.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I just bought 2 sets of these tires...and 2 Tom Tom Navi's for FREE...unitl July 31, Continential is giving away a FREE Tom Tom Navi for all purchases over $499!

I got 225/45R17 for $118 ea. (wifes's '06 C350 sport) & 215/45R17 (colleagues 2.5i Legacy) for $119 ea.

It's a Ultra High Performance All-Season tire...highly rated amongst other car/auto-x forums.

Pattern looks wierd/ugly, but there is a purpose to their unique pattern...wear is rated at 540, but it's such a new tire to prove that point. AA for dry and A for wet. Thick tread makes it look almost like a rally/off-road tire! lol ;)

CRAZY KEN

I'm considering bumping up to a 225/45/17. I know this can help traction in theory, but is it really worth the extra cash to go up just one size?

I just found out I can get a deal on Bridgestone RE960's too. So the RE960s and the ExtremeContact DWS's will cost me about the same (about $700 "out the door"). Anyone had experience with both and can compare?

That being said, those tires are at the very top of my price range. I am still considering cheaper tires. I am much more interested in performance wet/dry traction than I am snow. Last year I spent the winter in small FWD rental cars that had OE tires and had no problems getting around.

Since the winters are mild here, should I consider getting a summer tire? Right now I have kumho ecsta supras on the car, and would like to have something that handles similar or better, but can still be used in cold weather.

Archived