LegacyGT.com

Wonder if these would work on a legacy

LegacyMUN2k6

If by work, you mean fit, then yes. Keep in mind that the Legacy uses a much stiffer spring in the rear versus front, which is opposite what the Impreza platform uses.

IIRC, the STI uses factory springs that are about 18% softer in the rear versus front, while the Legacy uses factory springs that are about 30% stiffer in the rear versus the front.

Even if these springs were made for a Legacy I think I would stay away from them.

• 2 weeks later...

i wont even try those on even if you give it to me for free... after that terrible experience with their coilovers... dont even try it.. if you want to do anything, do it right the first time. If you want to save money, don't modify the car. :] To lower the car correctly, #1 is matching spring and shock(there are many threads about them). If you lower too much, you might need aftermarket balljoints to correct lower control arm angles. Then, you will need wheels with less offset(or spacers, not recommend) to bring the wheels back out and also adjust camber back to spec. Getting some cheapo defect springs is not going to improve your ride.

• 2 weeks later...
If by work, you mean fit, then yes. Keep in mind that the Legacy uses a much stiffer spring in the rear versus front, which is opposite what the Impreza platform uses.

IIRC, the STI uses factory springs that are about 18% softer in the rear versus front, while the Legacy uses factory springs that are about 30% stiffer in the rear versus the front.

Even if these springs were made for a Legacy I think I would stay away from them.

but wouldnt that be relative? i mean, just because the sti uses a 18% softer spring doesnt mean anything for legacy springs. It still could be 30% stiffer than a legacy rear spring to begin with....does the legacy need to be set up with a X % stiffer rear? or did they use a lower spring rate in the front because it was set up with more travel and the overall car was set up more for comfort/ride than handling? 2008/2008 the legacy is only ~20lbs heavier than the Sti impreza.

but wouldnt that be relative? i mean, just because the sti uses a 18% softer spring doesnt mean anything for legacy springs. It still could be 30% stiffer than a legacy rear spring to begin with....does the legacy need to be set up with a X % stiffer rear? or did they use a lower spring rate in the front because it was set up with more travel and the overall car was set up more for comfort/ride than handling? 2008/2008 the legacy is only ~20lbs heavier than the Sti impreza.

It's all about suspension geometry.

Archived