LegacyGT.com

Utah Legacy Meet August '09

Hops

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have responded to this ^^ over there ... I hope it sounds polite and professional. Personally I think it would be awkward to show up in an Impreza or any other make/model at a "Legacy Only" meet.

Should I have that topic removed? I feel responsible for letting down both forums now.

I am all for "spreading the love" if it means more subies, but the idea behind this particular meet is to gather Legacies... There are always other meets for everyone else.

Oh and legacyracer, I'm excited to see some older models as I almost purchased a 99 GT Limited a while back.

No offense to anyone, but one of the reasons i bought a legacy gt was to avoid the stereotypical sti / wrx driver. I can't speak for the SLC subaru guys, but Nasioc meets / cruises always drive me crazy so I don't even bother any more. On the few occasions i've met up with LGT.com people in utah and texas I have been impressed with a much more mature group of enthusiasts.

Agreed. I've been to two Taco Tuesdays, and it's always hilarious to see people interact. I've had a Legacy site for 10 years, administered Legacy Central BBS since 2003, and have recently helped out SL-i.net get their ship in shape. It's a whole different crowd.

That said, 05+ owners are also very different than 90-04 owners.

Noah's first Legacy was a BH, then he got a silverthorne GM6 to autocross, the GF8 STi swap has been a project since 2001 or so, and who can fault him for getting a red 08 STi?

Some people do cross the model lines, but they're usually recent owners, or are part of long-time Subaru families. Many LGT owners never owned a Subaru before, I'd submit.

Many LGT owners never owned a Subaru before, I'd submit.

I think there is a lot of truth to this - Although I do see a fair number of previous wrx owners coming to the LGT world, simply to get our of their econobox. (the cheap economy feeling of the impreza was another reason I couldn't stand it)

To be honest though, I think people cross shop the A4, G35x and 328xi against the LGT more so than the wrx or other subies; all of which have a much more mature driver stereotype.

Nuts to that.

We're going to have to do these things more often. I went to the TT tonight and sat by myself out on the patio, wearing my Solid Autoworks shirt. I'm pretty sure there were some Impreza guys inside, but I'm not going to walk around in a restaurant introducing myself. I might skip those henceforth.

Why not? That is the point of the TT meets. You gotta be friendly and willing to talk to people.

I may swing by the meeting spot but won't go on the cruise or any of that. I got other plans.

I'll gladly be social, friendly, and willing to chat with people, but when they're sitting inside at a booth with four seats and I'm out on a patio with a dozen, well, who's being unfriendly?

I last went on a drive with Impreza owners in 2002-2003, IIRC. I think it was after the first Cobb meet. It was something to behold, and I even skipped the JP memorial drive because I knew there would be people messing about.

I'll gladly catch up with you guys. Intake and exhaust mods don't do a lot for an EJ22E at 4500ft, much less climbing Parley's. It's a shame my BE6 is being such a bitch. Hopefully it'll be sold soon...

Count me in I've never met any of you guys but I'd like to. You guys cool with a fozzy coming along?

Yeah man, that's cool. That's the only Impreza-based Subie crowd I can chill with. My buddy may bring his Fozzy, too. He also has a '96 Legacy, so that kind of counts. :lol:

I'll gladly catch up with you guys. Intake and exhaust mods don't do a lot for an EJ22E at 4500ft, much less climbing Parley's. It's a shame my BE6 is being such a bitch. Hopefully it'll be sold soon...

I took my EJ25(NA) Outback on a meet once when my LGT was in the shop; I actually kept up... until I almost over-heated! We stop a lot for pictures and my wife hates her stock brakes so she won't be doing anything too crazy in her GRP BP. I have the new parts, just not the time!

Maybe we'll just get two groups on the way, those who can keep up and those who can't haha.

My N/A can only go so fast up Parley's! XD

Besides, "obsessive" is just a term the lazy use for people that are thorough :lol:

-fishbone

Archived