LegacyGT.com

Lingenfelter ZR-1 stage2 supercharger upgrades

No with 550wtrq at 2krpms you wont be able to move the car in snow no matter how light you are on the gas or ride the clutch, you simply arent moving.

That's why I mentioned the Porsche. Turbo. Enough said.

I actually never did make the argument for AWD due to snow. But I will make it for handling and just overall a superior way of putting down power to the ground, depending[ on what you are looking to achieve. Straight line shooter, it's a waste and a killer halfway down the track.

Launch control, no lift shifts. Sounds great, especially when you are a manufacturer that just kicked the bucket so you have the gov't helping you out on them warranty claims ;)

That's why I mentioned the Porsche. Turbo. Enough said.

I actually never did make the argument for AWD due to snow. But I will make it for handling and just overall a superior way of putting down power to the ground, depending[ on what you are looking to achieve. Straight line shooter, it's a waste and a killer halfway down the track.

Launch control, no lift shifts. Sounds great, especially when you are a manufacturer that just kicked the bucket so you have the gov't helping you out on them warranty claims ;)

I really like the 911 turbo. But when you run into a zr-1 stock or stage 2 lingenfelter on the street you will still lose. Then you might wonder why you paid mroe for a car that is slower around a track and in a straight line. Or you might just sit back and think to yourself its ok his corvette still isnt as cool as my porsche, tehn do a girly giggle and turn of the street. Sure you can drive your 130k car in bad weather, if you really want to lol but me personally i wouldnt, atleast not often enough to care.

I really like the 911 turbo. But when you run into a zr-1 stock or stage 2 lingenfelter on the street you will still lose. Then you might wonder why you paid mroe for a car that is slower around a track and in a straight line. Or you might just sit back and think to yourself its ok his corvette still isnt as cool as my porsche, tehn do a girly giggle and turn of the street. Sure you can drive your 130k car in bad weather, if you really want to lol but me personally i wouldnt, atleast not often enough to care.

I'd rather buy the Porsche because it doesn't have an interior borrowed from a Cobalt or shitty GM build quality. Yes, I know the ZR1 is faster. Do I care? No, because I also know there will ALWAYS be something faster and quicker.

An afterthought also. On the street, how many people could honestly use either car to their full potential? Very few with vehicles of that caliber. It's just the AWD would give you a slight advantage out of the hole where the Vette would more likely (not necessarily) blow the rear tires off.

If i remember correctly it proved itself at the ring aswell.

not with those donut spares mounted up front. My mind is boggled when thinking of the pucker moment at hand when applying the brakes after living life 1/4 mile at a time.

not with those donut spares mounted up front. My mind is boggled when thinking of the pucker moment at hand when applying the brakes after living life 1/4 mile at a time.

I wouldnt run skinnys on the street lol.

An afterthought also. On the street, how many people could honestly use either car to their full potential? Very few with vehicles of that caliber. It's just the AWD would give you a slight advantage out of the hole where the Vette would more likely (not necessarily) blow the rear tires off.

Did you ever see the GTR vs c6 z06 street race? From a dig with GTR using launch control the vette was still right next to it and then in 2nd pulled it. It also pulled hard on all the roll races. The GTRs awd and auto launch system didnt win that street race for it. Is it easier to blwo the tires of the vette, hell yeah. But to me thats part of the fun of racing. It feels soo much more rewarding to be doing the launching and shifting yourself.

The cars are too closely matched to not be a driver's race, even with all the nanny controls. It wasn't my intention to start a long-drawn debate about the pros and cons of awd vs rwd in race cars, each has a preference and I don't see why it should be debated.

Did you ever see the GTR vs c6 z06 street race? From a dig with GTR using launch control the vette was still right next to it and then in 2nd pulled it. It also pulled hard on all the roll races. The GTRs awd and auto launch system didnt win that street race for it. Is it easier to blwo the tires of the vette, hell yeah. But to me thats part of the fun of racing. It feels soo much more rewarding to be doing the launching and shifting yourself.

Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but do you honestly have to bash everyone when they try and something is better than a comperable GM product? I can tell you're a diehard GM guy but is there a time when you didn't give someone shit for saying Car X is better than GM's Car Y?

Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but do you honestly have to bash everyone when they try and something is better than a comperable GM product? I can tell you're a diehard GM guy but is there a time when you didn't give someone shit for saying Car X is better than GM's Car Y?

Yes i will admit when cars are better. Im not really a diehard GM guy. I only really like a couple of there cars. I would agree that a GTR will beat a c6 z06 around most tracks. But i do believe the z06 and zr-1 have the most potential for any car in there price range. Its a strong lightweight platform with an engine that has almost no limit in power and a drivetrain that can be easily and somewhat cheaply be built to handle a crap ton of power.

I dont think i was bashing you. Just the GTR, me personally i see no advantage to owning a GTR over a vette. But if you do thats cool, i wouldnt want everyone to drive 1 kind or brand of car.

Yes i will admit when cars are better. Im not really a diehard GM guy. I only really like a couple of there cars. I would agree that a GTR will beat a c6 z06 around most tracks. But i do believe the z06 and zr-1 have the most potential for any car in there price range. Its a strong lightweight platform with an engine that has almost no limit in power and a drivetrain that can be easily and somewhat cheaply be built to handle a crap ton of power.

I dont think i was bashing you. Just the GTR, me personally i see no advantage to owning a GTR over a vette. But if you do thats cool, i wouldnt want everyone to drive 1 kind or brand of car.

I know you weren't bashing me, it just sometimes seems like you call everyone out who puts down a GM product over anything else in existence.

Archived