LegacyGT.com

URGENT - going back to stock question

rodan

I'm trading the LGT in tomorrow morning and I would like to pull my stage two parts for resale, but I've run into a problem....

When I had it tuned, I installed a Perrin boost control solenoid, which at the time, had to be wired into the factory harness. Now I can't find the connector for the factory solenoid...

Question: If I remove the DP, and unmarry the AP, flashing it back to stock, is it going to run (and not blow up on the next owner!) if I leave the Perring BCS on the car??

I hate to leave $1k worth of resellable parts on the car, but I'm not going to give someone a ticking time bomb....

Please help!

If you leave the EBCS and flash to stock the car will likely overboost and hit boost cut anytime the next owner pins it. You should delay trading it in a couple of days until you sort it out.

Another option is tring to splice the wires to the stock BCS...I can't imagine it being tha difficult to do.

I considered that, but I don't know which wire goes to which pin without the connector...

If anyone can tell me which wire goes to the top pin, and which to the bottom pin, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks, Rao... the solenoid will operate the same regardless of polarity?

Also, IIRC, the stock line from the solenoid goes to a 'T' between the actuator and compressor housing, correct?

And sorry, the wheels are going with the car, as I didn't keep the stockers.

:D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/DSC_3770.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/DSC_3794.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/DSC_3771.jpg

It's a 'used' '09 w/ 10k miles. Paid ~ $23k, including our trade equity.

Looked at new, but locally the bottom line was going to be about $5k more, wasn't worth it to me on a car with 10k and a 100k powertrain warranty. Basically, we got the first year depreciation for free. I've seen them going as low as $26k on the 'net, but that's a PITA when a trade is involved.

With exhaust, CAI and tune, these are putting mid 300s to the wheels... should be fun! ;)

Well, over the last few years, we've had maybe two days each year where snow would have been a challenge with a RWD... We don't get a lot, and usually by late morning the roads are easily passable.

We'll see... ;)

General impressions, so far: It's MUCH bigger inside, especially rear seat room, than the LGT. That was a big reason we switched. It's nice to have torque EVERYWHERE... I think our LGT (stage 2 -dynoed 250/286) would stay ahead until ~70mph, but only if you launch the car. A regular street start wouldn't have a chance against the auto V8. Even at our altitude (5k feet), the G8 has more on top. At lower altitudes, I'm pretty sure the G8 will spank a stock turbo LGT, stock... As I noted above, G8's are picking up 30-50 hp with exhuast, CAI and tune. Add a cam swap for over 400whp.

Suspension wise, it's much more compliant than our LGT (Tokicos/iOn springs/Cobb sways/18's), but it feels very composed. I have no doubt the LGT would run away on a twisty road, but I haven't had a chance to drive the G8 on our local 'track' yet... It's a much heavier car, and has a different purpose, and I'm leaning toward that at this point. I think I drove the LGT hard down our local road 3 times in the last year...

Archived