LegacyGT.com

Turning Signal Tint

rustler753

Any place I can get tints for the turning signals and the front headlight yellow sections? I tried hot-subbie or something of that nature, only place I knew that carried them but they are no longer around... Any hints? :)

lol glad i am not the only one who thought about tinting the turn signal (the yellow/orange reflector thingy). im too wimpy to bake my headlights so i did a ghetto job tinting the outside headlight covering that orange piece. i just bought the 3ft roll of smoke tint from home depot ($11) and used scissors to cut out the shape. i didnt bother posting up pics but i guess ill do it here (when i get home from work that is)

just saw you have an '05 so you might have to get a bit creative doing your tint. i have an '08 so it's a bit easy to cut out the shape.

just bake the headlights... its really really not nearly as scary as it sounds. I've had mine opened up probably 3 or 4 times for various reasons. once you do it, you'll realize its easy.... and it'll look a lot better with the orange reflector completely removed, rather than just tinted.

here's my 08 turn signal tint and a lil action of the r-rev grill with painted emblem. not bad for a diy tint and i still have 3ft of tint material leftover.

oh and sorry for the misunderstanding. im not afraid of baking headlights. im afraid of ripping the bumper off and breaking one of the tabs or popits.

left.jpg.5608c9dadf2264ec9222c2886e1865f2.jpg

right.jpg.af2214ec8227f66423fd3ec875a0deeb.jpg

http://www.lamin-x.com/ will have exactly what you're looking for.

Definitely clear your headlights, though. I was afraid to do it at first, but it's really not that bad. Threw mine in the oven at 280 for 8 minutes and yanked them apart. Threw them back in for five minutes and squeezed them back together. It's pretty simple. Mine have been cleared for a couple months now and I have not gotten any condensation.

I have the Lamin-X tail tint and love it. It is a great product.

here's my 08 turn signal tint and a lil action of the r-rev grill with painted emblem. not bad for a diy tint and i still have 3ft of tint material leftover.

oh and sorry for the misunderstanding. im not afraid of baking headlights. im afraid of ripping the bumper off and breaking one of the tabs or popits.

Don't be afraid to rip your bumper off. I've had mine off half a dozen times already and its easy as pie to do. I might even take mine back off today and repaint my supertones.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112198

this guy is gonna do some tint for the orange reflector it sounds like (go to some of the last pages).

Thanks ^^ Yes I have them almost done! Final piece is actually sitting on shelf waiting for test fit...but I had to watch a Sounders game, that was more important than installing them. Look for it in the next few days!

Here's what I did back in '06 cuz I was too lazy to do a bake job:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28433&d=1165213456

It's an overlay that we modded by cutting a notch out of the center to open up the look. Can't remember where I bought it, but it was an online deal. When I get over my senior moment, if anyone wants to know, I'll post the vendor.

After a couple of years in the harsh Cali sun, it has bubbled a little and gotten a rough, but from 15 feet, it still looks OK.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done this also to my OBP 09 with the smoke tint from a member on the board. Just made my own traces and cut it out. Perfect fit. Looks great.

Archived