LegacyGT.com

Before I buy all this crap....

Legdude

Hey guys, Ive got a few questions about the set up im going to go with on my legacy before I buy all this crap. I have an 07 spec B that I just recently did wheels and tires on, now the wheels and tires are great but it definitely needs some suspension to make the best of it. Heres what I plan on running on the car.

Tein H tech springs

Perrin front and rear sways

Front and rear strut bar

Say bar end links, maybe...

Now heres my questions on these

Do I need any form of shim / camber bolt kit with the H tech springs on spec B Bilstine struts?

25mm front, 22mm rear sway bar combo or other way around?

Are the strut bars worth it?

Do I really need end links with this combo, and what purpose to they really serve?

Also, is there anything else I can do besides what I have listed above to help out? maybe something in the form of bushings from energy suspension? Idk you tell me.

I have decided to run this set up because, A. The springs have very good reviews and give more go than show. B. I do plan on doing some track events here and there when I can, but I also drive the car every day so I dont want it slamed. C. I know coil overs and great, however I just dont have the cash for them nor am I that die hard with the legacy to put them on so I feel that this set up is a good alternitve.

Thanks again for all imput

I'm currently running Spec B Bilsteins with Tein "H" springs. Have been for over 1 year. Yes, you will need at least an .125" shim. It will help with the rear camber. You will have a one finger gap in the rear of the car.

I'm also running a AVO rear sway, same size as JDM rear bar. Turn in seems perfect and the bar doesn't seem to upset the balance at all. I don't track my car so I opted not to get the end links and stayed with stock.

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

I would add the avo rear sway bar support bracket to your package. Also add rear swaybar endlinks atleast! Fronts seem to be a preventative measure, unless of course you plan to run the car hard...then i would consider them.

Lose the strut bars they really don't add much. The lower support brackets from cusco/avo/spt would be more the ticket if your looking for more rigidity.

The members i have met at the meets haven't given good reviews on the tein's they always end up switching or wishing they had.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I've heard that strut bars for the most part in the lgt are not necessary becasuse of how far inboard the front strust are. As far as a rear one.. I dunno..

iirc the perrin bars (if tht the one I looked at.. I dont remember now. :lol:) come with a reinforced mount for the rear.. if not definitely get those.

You probably want to get better end links too.. it seems whatever you ugprade.. the parts you dont will break easier/faster..

any reason you're just doing sprinsg and not coilovers? I've heard that drop springs can accelerate the wear on the struts themselves.

edit: ah.. yea.. springs are a lot cheaper.. but you'll be forking out cash sooner for new struts sooner with just springs from what I've heard.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

darkfox1, I think you got it backwards on the struts. I can understand getting a front strut bar, but a rear strut bar is pointless. The rear struts are directly bolted onto a very solid part of the chassis. The fronts tend to flex a wee bit more.

But then again, with the sway bar setup, I doubt you would need strut bars. Just my opinion. I can be wrong.

Guest adam07specB

I too have an 07 spec.b

I did swift springs

Perrin front and rear sway bars

Perrin End Links

Perrin stout mounts for the rear

and the SPT Under carriage brace

Strut bars wont do much for you at all

I too have an 07 spec.b

I did swift springs

Perrin front and rear sway bars

Perrin End Links

Perrin stout mounts for the rear

and the SPT Under carriage brace

Strut bars wont do much for you at all

almost identical to the plan I was looking at (except I was going to get Tien coilers)

Hows that working for you?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Guest adam07specB
almost identical to the plan I was looking at (except I was going to get Tien coilers)

Hows that working for you?

I love it but i am switching to coilovers

The rear sway bar reinforcement brackets are a must. I have a JDM bar got my brackets a month or so after I installed the RSB. There was a noticable difference in handling. I would also verify the LCA bushings are in good shape as well. With your suspension improvements you will load these bushings up and if they are weakend you won't get full benefits.

the front struts are very close to the firewall - i remember reading this in regards to the rigidity and need (or lack of a need) for a strut bar.

Yes. FSTB is purely bling! (unless you're selling one in the FS threads, then they are a necessary suspension mod)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived