LegacyGT.com

Inserting a flex section on my TBE

wsmith30132

I just bought a XO2 CBE. I already have Perrin cans with a Perrin long catless downpipe. I put in the XO2 mid and y-pipe and had some fitment issues with the downpipe flange. I finally got it to seal but i dont know how long that will last. I was looking at buying a flex section and welding it in so i wont have issues down the road. Does anyone have any suggestions on doing this on the mid pipe or down pipe? I was thinking about doing it on the cheap mid pipe right after the down pipe flange. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks

I have a flex section on my magnaflow midpipe and also a resonator. The fitment is great, however, the only concern I had with it is since it does flex, my resonator hits my driveshaft at times. I am assuming it would not hit it if the resonator isn't there. I put on the extra long hanger bushings and it fixed the problem

Well i just got the flex welded in. I had it marked perfect and set up nice. Everything was cut and cleaned up, it just needed welded. I took it to a local muffler shop expecting a nice weld. My dad has a wire feed and stick welder but I thought it needed a tig. Well the shop welded it on with a stick and its crooked and looks like ass. It will still bolt on but the flex is bowed. He said he cant charge me anything for just a quick weld, but i would have rather paid and had it perfect. So if you are going to do this take it to a professional welding shop not an exhaust shop. LESSON LEARNED

Archived