LegacyGT.com

Modulo brakes?

Jordan

well, that depends, do the brakes stay on the car when it gets heaved...or do they make it onto another car?? :eek:

ROFL!!!!

It has the potential to be 6, 7, 8, or even upwards of 13 torsos, if it could somehow go through all the people in a 7-passenger SUV!!! :eek::eek:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, time to roll the 20 sided die to see how many hit points you take after riding in the car...

I am all for trying new stuff, but we do it on the track, one of the reasons why AZP doesn't sell a whole lot of products, we will never sell anything we haven't fully tested on-track before offering it for sale.

-mike

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, but the samurai sword would be worthless, without the edge that the carbon steel produces.

Definitely would not be a 5-torso sword. :p

OK, back to the thread -

I'm somewhat fearful of "eBay brakes."

But indeed, it interests me. There's nothing that really proves this item good or bad. No one has yet had experience with them.

I guess that, like the rest of you, I'll also wait and see, and can only hope that the buyer doesn't get killed! :eek:

When I think of swords I think of this video now:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2EQWCpnIR8]YouTube - Shop at Home Guy Vs. Ninja Sword[/ame]

Ok, time to roll the 20 sided die to see how many hit points you take after riding in the car...

I am all for trying new stuff, but we do it on the track, one of the reasons why AZP doesn't sell a whole lot of products, we will never sell anything we haven't fully tested on-track before offering it for sale.

-mike

Agreed Mike. Same reason why we put our Wilwood kit out on track.

On that note, Im going to be posting a Wilwood Caliper upgrade sale here shortly. Need to move some inventory and drum up some buzz. Will be limited quantity, but will be priced well. Look for it in the Vendor Classifieds by the end of the week. $699 shipped. That is almost half price, though it wont include rotors, but most customers have fairly new rotors to begin with, so this will be a good way to save some coin. :spin:

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

• 1 month later...

Bumpitty bump.

I am curious how this turned out. Screw all the naysayers... Nothin' ventured nothing gained I say. I mean most of us have found 'cheap' alternatives to stuff thru trial and error. Hell some people buy used brakes. I know people that would NEVER buy used safety equipment.

If poss I hope he tests/ tested the brakes during a track day where ever he is. Then we could see how they worked under heavy repeated braking.

For all we know these are chinese made brakes the guy gets cheap and is trying to market. He should have used spell check though. They may perform 'ok' compared to stock or they may be crap or they may be good. Seems to have issues spelling volkswagen though.

By the by 'cost' does not equate value/ quality as some have implied. Value/ quality equates value/ quality. :p

Bumpitty bump.

I am curious how this turned out. Screw all the naysayers... Nothin' ventured nothing gained I say. I mean most of us have found 'cheap' alternatives to stuff thru trial and error. Hell some people buy used brakes. I know people that would NEVER buy used safety equipment.

I'd rather have used Brembo's than b'new-made-in-china-brakes-with-questionable-performance/quality. Also a lot of people buy used brakes, seatbelts...when they buy a used car :lol:

If poss I hope he tests/ tested the brakes during a track day where ever he is. Then we could see how they worked under heavy repeated braking.

Why wait for the OP to test it? Buy one and test for yourself...."Nothin' ventured nothing gained" right?

For all we know these are chinese made brakes the guy gets cheap and is trying to market. He should have used spell check though. They may perform 'ok' compared to stock or they may be crap or they may be good. Seems to have issues spelling volkswagen though.

I do not know about you but I do not want to find out first hand that my brakes are crap to the point of risking lives.

By the by 'cost' does not equate value/ quality as some have implied. Value/ quality equates value/ quality. :p

So what determines value/quality?:confused:

I'd rather have used Brembo's than b'new-made-in-china-brakes-with-questionable-performance/quality. Also a lot of people buy used brakes, seatbelts...when they buy a used car

I have and will never buy a car from private sale unless it came with a full service history. Here for a car to be sold off a lot it has to have passed a mechanical fitness test first. Something used brakes don't get. So unless you replacing all the seals and such who knows what can happen right? What if the previous owner was less srupulous and used tile silicone to seal that leak?

Why wait for the OP to test it? Buy one and test for yourself...."Nothin' ventured nothing gained" right?

Its called research. How many parts have you bought for your car without googling them up first?:p If the OP has bought them then I wold like to hear his results before I judge them as junk. I like to think I'm open minded. And if they were a total waste of time/crap then I will genuinly feel bad for the OP rather than laugh at him for being an 'idiot' like most would.

If shipping wasn't so high for them then I would order a set to see what they are like. I can return them and have buyers protection through paypal and my credit cards. Tossing away 50-80 bux for shipping to test them sure. 200+ no.

I do not know about you but I do not want to find out first hand that my brakes are crap to the point of risking lives.

Hence the track comment. But considering how many people are not trained techs that work on thier brakes I think risk level here is no different than the guy who didn't bleed off his lines after instaling his new Brembo's.

So what determines value/quality?:confused:

Seriously? So I have a down pipe here that costs $1000.00. Does that mean its automatically better than every other downpipe out there cause it costs more?

Here's an example of how people fall for "Cost=value." Buddy of mine owned a game store. They got some graphite pool cues from China before they were popular. Thier cost was like $10 ea. They had them in a bin for $25. No one bought one. They lowered the price to $15. A few sold. After some thougt they rasied the price to $250. Suddenly people wanted to know about them. They sold all the rest of them over the course of a week.

So good value there?

I'll admit the company looks fairly bogus. But I'm keeping an open mind till I hear from people who got them.:D

Side note I was looking at Wilwood calipers as they served me well back in the day.... anyone know of any comparisons between them and Brembo's, Stoptechs etc?

I have and will never buy a car from private sale unless it came with a full service history. Here for a car to be sold off a lot it has to have passed a mechanical fitness test first. Something used brakes don't get. So unless you replacing all the seals and such who knows what can happen right? What if the previous owner was less srupulous and used tile silicone to seal that leak?

You can't inspect brakes for yourself?

Its called research.

By whom, the manufacturer or the consumer? I hope it is not the latter.

How many parts have you bought for your car without googling them up first?:p .

None. If you have to google them and only THIS comes up, then it is shady ;)

But considering how many people are not trained techs that work on thier brakes I think risk level here is no different than the guy who didn't bleed off his lines after instaling his new Brembo's.

Oh noes! I do not have training to change my pads and bleed my brakes! Can you show where I could get certified and will that also teach me how to change my lightbulb, wipers, inflate my tires, refill my coolant and washer fluid? :lol:

Seriously? So I have a down pipe here that costs $1000.00. Does that mean its automatically better than every other downpipe out there cause it costs more?

If your $1K DP is made of Inconel or Ti, then that is a bargain! Otherwise, if it is just SS, tell me why it is more expensive than Cobb and/or Perrin?

Here's an example of how people fall for "Cost=value." Buddy of mine owned a game store. They got some graphite pool cues from China before they were popular. Thier cost was like $10 ea. They had them in a bin for $25. No one bought one. They lowered the price to $15. A few sold. After some thougt they rasied the price to $250. Suddenly people wanted to know about them. They sold all the rest of them over the course of a week.

So good value there?

I know nothing about pool cues but $250 does not sound bad for an aftermarket cue. My cousin's hubby plays in the pro circuit in the east coast and according to him, his $5,000 cue is "like a Toyota" among his peers.

I'll admit the company looks fairly bogus.

Thank you.

Just for GP, please stop bashing Modolo's name. They have been making hi performance cycling brakes, levers, handle bars, etc since the 50's. They are a world recognized leader in cycling. Kind of like Lambo parts for your bike.

This eBay add is for MODULO, not MODOLO. Big difference. Some Chinese crap trying to steal some credibility from a real name. And yes, the logo looks suspiciously like Brembo. I would be wary of eBay brakes. Pipes, cans, strut braces sure. But not brakes.

There you have it folks. Ripped off a name from a legit (albeit wrong market) company and the logo from another.

These brakes will kill you and any bunnies in the vicinity

I have seen Modolo's road handlebars on my friend's old school steel bike but didn't know they also made cantilevers brakes. Oh well, maybe they ventured into "performance" automotive brakes :lol:

You got it, Italian. Even use a bull for the logo just like lambo. They don't make auto brakes.

That's the point. Some Chinese company using a name very similar to Modolo and a logo very similar to Brembo to sell crap on eBay.

Where the F is my dog, I hear tires squealing? Damn eBay brake testers!

I think waxiboy better give up before mweiner really gets started. :rolleyes:

That ping pong dance is friggin hilarious. That guy convulses so much I thought he just got out of the passenger seat after riding with mweiner in the OBXT. :lol::lol::lol:

But really, everyone is right once in a while. :cool:

Yeah, the look the score keeper gives him is priceless.

I will admit my spelling sucks too, especially when typing from my 8 inch netbook. But it is well worth the humorous (somewhat useless) crap that comes out of it. That whole video is a keeper!

Archived