LegacyGT.com

Modulo brakes?

Jordan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically, the point here is why spend twice as much on a brake setup as you have to? The first $2k on these no-name ebay specials, and another $2k on brembos after you realize that these probably don't fit well, brake like crap, and are made poorly...

There's a reason that these guys don't even have a website. My guess is that they're fly by night cheap chinese garbage with a USA decal.

Good luck being the guinea pig...

Well the squeeling actually isn't related to the compound of the pads in all cases. As I said deflection of both the brackets and the vibration of the pads will also cause squeeling.

At this price point, do you think the brackets and materials used is going to be top notch?

That is the point most of us have been trying to make here.

-mike

I would personally think price point is irrevelant at this point. Ther retails is at USD$1435 per kit, and bidding starts at USD$625.00. Obviously this is a sign of promotion to try and reach us, the consumers.

And they stated they uses Carbon Steel brackets, which there couldn't be any low end carbon steel material.

Basically, the point here is why spend twice as much on a brake setup as you have to? The first $2k on these no-name ebay specials, and another $2k on brembos after you realize that these probably don't fit well, brake like crap, and are made poorly...

There's a reason that these guys don't even have a website. My guess is that they're fly by night cheap chinese garbage with a USA decal.

Good luck being the guinea pig...

I understand the 2K on brembo, but why 2K on the new brand? Care to give a price break down?

Anyways, they do have an website, just go to googles and do a search.

Basically, I would think debating this new brand brakes over the forums is completely pointless, because no one actually tired it and based their point on view on their own, that is unless someone actually tried it and proved to us they are either garbage or gold. Its that simple, period.

So we'll all gonna wait for Jordan's news.

I don't need to wait for a review to know when something is rebranded garbage. These brake kits are being made in taiwan. I don't see anyone jumping all over Kido brakes, or JDT.

If you want to play, you have to pay. Brembo, Wilwood, AP Racing, Alcon, or Stoptech are real brake manufacturers. These are quality engineered and manufactured pieces of safety equipment. Would you trust a seatbelt made of yarn, or an airbag of a dimestore balloon???

Do your homework... This kit retails for $1495.00 + shipping.

BTW, have you actually visited modulobrakes.com ????? There is NO content. Just an annoying flashy homepage with an obnoxious repeating motor whine.

I would personally think price point is irrevelant at this point. Ther retails is at USD$1435 per kit, and bidding starts at USD$625.00. Obviously this is a sign of promotion to try and reach us, the consumers.

And they stated they uses Carbon Steel brackets, which there couldn't be any low end carbon steel material.

I can say anything I want in my Ebay advertisement...

and on a side note I picked up Brembo take-offs with about 20-30k miles on them for about $700 for the Front Calipers. Tack on another $300 for rotors and pads and for $1k I have the real dealio...

-mike

That statement makes me vote troll... or really stupid

If you take a steel nail and hold it over a torch till it's red hot, then submerge it in used car oil, you've just made carbon steel.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

If you take a steel nail and hold it over a torch till it's red hot, then submerge it in used car oil, you've just made carbon steel.

MUST...GO...TRY...THIS...NOW!

BRB!!!!!11

:lol::lol:

X

---

I understand the 2K on brembo, but why 2K on the new brand? Care to give a price break down?

Anyways, they do have an website, just go to googles and do a search.

Basically, I would think debating this new brand brakes over the forums is completely pointless, because no one actually tired it ...

ding! ding! ding! ding! ding!

...and based their point on view on their own, that is unless someone actually tried it and proved to us they are either garbage or gold. Its that simple, period.

So we'll all gonna wait for Jordan's news.

And let us hope no one gets hurt when we find out that they are garbage.

Carbon steel is one step up from mild steel. It is not something to be bragging about your brakes being made of.

Ah, but the samurai sword would be worthless, without the edge that the carbon steel produces.

Definitely would not be a 5-torso sword. :p

OK, back to the thread -

I'm somewhat fearful of "eBay brakes."

But indeed, it interests me. There's nothing that really proves this item good or bad. No one has yet had experience with them.

I guess that, like the rest of you, I'll also wait and see, and can only hope that the buyer doesn't get killed! :eek:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'll echo TSi and everyone else about being fearful of the eBay brakes...but I think to better tag it, it's fear of the unknown. But we're talking SAFETY unknown.

Yes, any part can break at any time, there are defects, but that's what proven track records and reputations are for.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I...but I think to better tag it, it's fear of the unknown. But we're talking SAFETY unknown.

^ Exactly. :)

And like someone said, everyone's gotta start somewhere, even if it's eBay....

But that really won't make me sleep any easier, that's for sure.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ :lol: Well, I guess five, since there could be up to 5 passengers..... :lol:

-----

What really gives me the creeps about this "Modulo" brand is that they so seek to emulate Brembos - even with their corporate symbol/icon.

Any "legitimate" brand, you'd figure, would try as much as possible to set themselves apart from the rest, in every way possible.

^ :lol: Well, I guess five, since there could be up to 5 passengers..... :lol:

well, that depends, do the brakes stay on the car when it gets heaved...or do they make it onto another car?? :eek:

Any "legitimate" brand, you'd figure, would try as much as possible to set themselves apart from the rest, in every way possible.

exactly. Riding coattails is for freeloaders! :mad:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Archived