LegacyGT.com

My car alarm doesn't work! HELP!!! BEFORE MY CAR IS STOLEN!!!

It's highly unlikely someone will perform a smash-and-grab in broad daylight in public, so park in public places.

Another good idea would be to part next to a more valuable smash-and-grab target.... :) If that persons car is still there when you're getting in your car to leave, might as well smash-and-grab his stuff.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smash & grab? heck, we've had people get their catcons cut out, in broad daylight, parked next to the building...
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

hey, I work in an area where people maybe make $20k/y for a family of 4 or 5... and there are barbed wire fences around all of their homes... I think it's uncommon stuff in the area I work in... Especially when you consider that most of these people don't even own basic computers or DVD players or flat TV's... yeah, I think that it's uncommon stuff.

^^^^

Time to find another job.

But seriously, an OEM alarm isn't really going to satisfy you if you are that worried.

You need an aftermarket alarm, multiple sirens installed, piezo pain generators installed, at least 3 alarm stickers placed on your windows, a few LED's, a glass break sensor, a motion sensor- all tied in to the factory immobilizer.

You are probably looking at a $500+ job at a reputable car stereo installer.

And they will still break in if you have nice things visible in your car. Take it all with you, or hide it all under your seats.

Even then you still take your chances.

hey, I work in an area where people maybe make $20k/y for a family of 4 or 5... and there are barbed wire fences around all of their homes... I think it's uncommon stuff in the area I work in... Especially when you consider that most of these people don't even own basic computers or DVD players or flat TV's... yeah, I think that it's uncommon stuff.

So basically you're saying, because you make more money then them and they are, by societys terms "poor," they're going to rob you?

nice.

Woh! When did this thread turn into such a hate thread? The guy just loves his Subie, thats not a problem with me. I've had people that had there car broken into for the smallest things, like bluetooth headsets, cell phone chargers, etc. Especially with the economy so bad, people would do anything to make a little money.

So I wouldnt be suprised if people are over protective of there stuff.

^^^^

Time to find another job.

But seriously, an OEM alarm isn't really going to satisfy you if you are that worried.

You need an aftermarket alarm, multiple sirens installed, piezo pain generators installed, at least 3 alarm stickers placed on your windows, a few LED's, a glass break sensor, a motion sensor- all tied in to the factory immobilizer.

You are probably looking at a $500+ job at a reputable car stereo installer.

And they will still break in if you have nice things visible in your car. Take it all with you, or hide it all under your seats.

Even then you still take your chances.

yeah, that is what I am thinking...

I'm not saying that they are poor and therefor going to steal my nice stuff... I'm just saying that they have a high crime rate and barbed wire fences to keep out theives where I work.

Nah. They'll just curl up under the seats. Perp won't know about them until they've already driven off, then the car gets wrecked.

Perp dies, and their estate sues you.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

So basically you're saying, because you make more money then them and they are, by societys terms "poor," they're going to rob you?

nice.

That's a pretty valid assessment actually.

OP, my suggestion would be to get a beater to drive to work and leave the Legacy at home.

That's a pretty valid assessment actually.

OP, my suggestion would be to get a beater to drive to work and leave the Legacy at home.

Im glad I dont stand alone.

I grew up in a neighborhood like the one he describes, trust me, they're not going to do anything unless provoked.

actually a 14k valued 2006 subaru legacy is an expensive car to most people in the area I work and live in... Average value of a car in both areas is $2k. A Mercedes Benz is a mythical figure to these people...

And I would really appreciate a better alarm, usually people avoid going in through the windows, and instead go through the door handles, locks, etc... I once had a car broken into in a nicer area nearby and the theif didn't even go through the window, he just took a crow bar to my door handle and ran off with my stock stereo... I would at least like the alarm to be more obvious to theives instead of a blinking light that is hard to see from outside of the car because it is placed on the instrument cluster, why not put a blinking LED on the dash where it could be seen?

I would like to have an alarm that is set up so that if people even start to try to break into my car (not when, I'm not being paranoid here) it goes off and gets the attention of others, such as security guards in parking lots, or other people in the parking lot for that matter.

I would at least like the alarm to be more obvious to theives instead of a blinking light that is hard to see from outside of the car because it is placed on the instrument cluster, why not put a blinking LED on the dash where it could be seen?

Because just about EVERY car now comes with an OEM alarm. If someone is a professional thief, they'll be in and out regardless of what kind of alarm you have.

You need to stop whining about the stock alarm which is really just meant to keep the car from being hotwired and go to Jose's shop of bling and have some super cobra viper system installed.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived