LegacyGT.com

Angel Eyes!

SC GT

i made these with an acrylic rod and LED's using a few How-To websites, and was ready to install them in my SVX when i was putting on the clear lenses, but then i stopped to think about it for a minute. this is a BMW thing - how ricy (krauty?) would it look on a Japanese car? i changed my mind and didn't install them. :rolleyes: if i see anything other than a BMW with these now, i think JC Whitney or APC - it just looks cheezy.

if you must have these, they are easy to make yourself - i sure as hell wouldn't spend $300 on them!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They look nice on Bimmers. I liked them on Integras too because they have the two seperate lenses for high and low beams. I had mine wired to the park lights so they would blink when I armed my alarm. The problem on our cars is that you wouldn't be able to see the halos when the lights are on, so they would be totally useless. You would only be able to see them if you disabled your DRLs and drove around without your headlights on. I guess you could wire them to the park lights so they will blink when you unlock your doors, but that is pretty much the only time you'd be able to see them.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

just as only Altezzas should have "Altezza tail lights", so should BMW's only have angel eyes.

just my opinion - if they make *you* feel all warm and moist, then put them on your car.

I had this idea months ago, but never got around to it. I even got a few flames for it...

oh noes! teh Jedi's idea was stolez0red!!11 :mad: I must admit though, it looks better than I thought it would. I guess your photochop just turned me off...:lol:

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h27238197

Babelfish translation:

In the shining CCFL angel eye luminous section of new dimension the CCFL tube (the cold cathode type fluorescent lamp) the up-to-date angel eye CCFL tube which is adopted with the metal reflector and the resin ring it is designed to be the structure which the sandwich is done. Be able to obtain the brightness which exceeds LED much, as for pale color also the HID lamp best match! As one for BMW already it has become fixed turn, but this time the new model was done release. It became all circle unlike the present model and because also diameter becomes small, it became installation possible even in BP/BL レガシー. In addition when having lit up even, there is a キラキラ impression quality being high very it is clean. This kit is formed with the CCFL ring of 2 volumes and the invertors for two illumination. You take power source from the position sphere socket. In order not to damage genuine wiring, the position sphere type plug is operated. Bundled it possesses the CCFL ring handling note book, but we do not prepare the installation manual to BP/BL レガシー. Mounted arrival to light/write unit in order to avoid the influence with the vibration and minute thermal expansion and contraction, has supposed the point attaching with the silicon caulking for the plastic. But if there is a method of being good to other things it is not something which is always recommended. The method which can disassemble headlight unit by your, two steps trying anticipating in at this opportunity, how, probably will be? Japan net bank or Yahoo which we can pay even with earth day celebration! The can it is it is we recommend the utilization of liquidation

kinnosuke_k-img600x378-1114880794halo-bp-1.jpg.292adff924c2c28d2a263ad23f55f1a3.jpg

kinnosuke_k-img600x600-1114880808halo-bp-2.jpg.9a4b006f246a19022ab0b41a20a88075.jpg

kinnosuke_k-img600x600-1114880818halo-bp-3.jpg.2be4336ff28fb03f761732c2f8a75f07.jpg

I talked to the actual vendor here in Japan back at the hyperrev meet. Really wanted to do this for you guys, but the problem is the fact that the headlights need to be shipped to the guy for the work to be done. The interesting part is that they came in a variety of colors as well.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.sevenphotos.com

http://www.apexjapan.com

Legasee -

It would totally be an aesthetic issue.....a round ring around our rather polygonal high-beams would seem a bit strange to some. An outline that more closely matched the shape of our high-beam reflector's outer border might be more acceptable to those who find the two-ring look to clash with our exterior lighting. If the aftermarket ever stepped up to provide dual projector housings (which more than likely will have real shit throw, unfortunately!), the dual-ring look would definitely be on my drool-list.

A problem that you'd encounter, without any consideration for cosmetics, is that the currently rather easily available aftermarket "rings" for self-retrofitting projects, which nicely match the diameter of the BMWs projector assemblies, iare simply too large to fit, side-by-side, in our housings without looking very, very crowded or actually physically run out of space. Look at even the superb mod work on the first post of this thread, and you'll see that a side-by-side pairing of those CCFL tubes simply would not work, space-wise. You'll need to either obtain smaller-diameter CCFL rings (which I'm still having trouble finding), or will have to make a true DIY LED project out of acrylic rods as meier motor sports cited above.

------------------------

Generally speaking, DDEs, or "Daytime Demon Eyes," is what the tuner community references for CCFL setups, which can even be visualized (given some dark/dead space) in full daylight or with even HIDs engaged. These units tend to be quite a bit more expensive, but are still well within the <$90 range for already completed, plug-and-play (by this I mean that you'd still need to crack open our headlight housing and do the requisite wiring) kits from reputable eBay sellers.

"Angel Eyes" are usually referenced in terms of LED-based acrylic rings, which offer lower visibility (typically not visible in the daytime, and definitely will be overpowered by even conventional incandescent headlights) but at considerably lower prices. Plug-and-play (again with consideration for retrofit procedures) can typically be had for between $10 to $30 from reputable eBay sellers, depending on how bright and evenly illuminated you want your units to be.

For the die-hard DIYers amongst us.....

Although CCFL tubes and other CCFL lighting have long been popular in the case-modding (think of computer CPU "cases") crowd and prices are very, very affordable for such "tubes," I've come up empty on finding CCFL "rings." :(

To address the issue of brightness for LED-based projects, as a flashlight hobbyist myself (I know, I'm a nerd!), I've been thinking about perhaps DIYing an acrylic-rod/ring project just to save money, and pairing it with a modern high-output LED (with sufficient drive behind it, modern 5W LuxeonStar LEDs are capable of a blinding 100+ lumens, and are currently featured in even true "tactical" lighting) - however, the problem of sufficiently heat-sinking these units is one that comes to mind immediately, as well as the expense required to obtain these LEDs.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^^ya...I've seen these rings up on display in a shop that the owners says he just installs them into existing headlights...really nice non-the-less...

I'm working on having a friend of mine to get his boss to produce the Legacy lights with angel eyes! :D...What are some important info that I need to tell them?

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Legasse -

-Ring diameter.

-Ring material/construct - be it of CCFL or LEDs. I'm guessing that the CCFL, if doable for a pair at under $100, should be popular here, as most people here seem willing to put money down for a good product. :)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Legasse -

-Ring diameter.

-Ring material/construct - be it of CCFL or LEDs. I'm guessing that the CCFL, if doable for a pair at under $100, should be popular here, as most people here seem willing to put money down for a good product. :)

-A

I don't know what the price range will be..but i'm sure it'll be reasonable...:)

I'll let them know :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived