LegacyGT.com

Angel Eyes!

SC GT

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me - it would depend on the type/material the "eyes" were made of.

For someone to buy a kit, there would be the time/cost investment of installation to seriously consider.

I would love a set.

^^^ +1

If CCFL and of good quality, then near or upwards of $100 per pair can be justified. This would allow these distinctive "eyes" to be seen even for those of us who have HID retrofits (proper or not would be beside the point) or want the marker to be more visible during dawn/dusk.

If LED, I'd say that even high-quality ones (with an evenly distributed halo, proper resistors, etc.) would only justify $40-50 per pair.

This is from typical pricing of such items found on eBay.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Yes...someone please find someone who does this for the Legacy for a reasonable price...i want this mod badly!!! but i want it done right...which means i'm not allowed to fabricate it myself ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

$513 (US) plus the cost of shipping them, and getting new Left-hand drive low beam projectors, or swapping in the ones from your stock headlights. (they are JDM, so the low beam cut-off pattern will be backwards for us, since they are RHD.) Highs and signals should make no difference.

The nice thing is, they would be a new set of headlights, and one could re-sell their stock ones, or keep them in case of selling the car, or for damage replacement.

Although, if one were to swap the projectors, one could put in some honest-to-the-law HID OEM projectors from some other vehicle that would fit, and install HID balasts and bulbs, as well.

I'd say negatory to the CF eyelids, but that is just my preference.

It still would probably be cheaper to buy the parts and do it yourself, if you'd feel comfortable dissasembling the light units.

do it yourself, if you'd feel comfortable dissasembling the light units.

Thats the part right there. I would never feel comfortable doing this on my own. That whole "opposable" thumbs thing doesnt really work for me! :D

the only cool part is the Angel eye. They look to be the right size and true CCFL. We just need to find out their source and we could build our own. So far no one has come up with a source for these on any other thread, though they look to exist in Japan.

It would probably be easier to find someone to do the work, buy a new set of US headlights, and the Angel Eye parts, and have them mod the headlights for you.

(E-bay or someplace has to have them. There used to be a website that sold the kits with actual BMW acrylic rings and LEDs as "demon eyes" for retrofitting E36 BMWs, which were built before BMW started this trend, I don't remember the site, and can't seem to find it. CCFL seems to be the rage, now though. I've even seen RED ones. :evil, as in the fru-its of the de-vil: )

The thing about those Liberal branded parts, is they would need to be dissassembled and modified anyway, due to the Low beams being RHD, versus the LHD we would need in the US. So someone would have to modify the lights in any case.

All i want are Angel eyes that are not hard to install...reversible to stock...work with my McCulloch HID's...Run as DRL's...and won't cost a fortune. Is that too much to ask?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

$513 (US) plus the cost of shipping them, and getting new Left-hand drive low beam projectors, or swapping in the ones from your stock headlights. (they are JDM, so the low beam cut-off pattern will be backwards for us, since they are RHD.) Highs and signals should make no difference.

The nice thing is, they would be a new set of headlights, and one could re-sell their stock ones, or keep them in case of selling the car, or for damage replacement.

Although, if one were to swap the projectors, one could put in some honest-to-the-law HID OEM projectors from some other vehicle that would fit, and install HID balasts and bulbs, as well.

I'd say negatory to the CF eyelids, but that is just my preference.

It still would probably be cheaper to buy the parts and do it yourself, if you'd feel comfortable dissasembling the light units.

I thought the $850 price was for a new unit and $5xx was just to send yours off to be retrofitted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived