LegacyGT.com

need instructions for taking apart.....

c-lo

I've seen step by step instructions for dismantling the dash to get to the stereo, did a quick search and can't find it. Can anyone give me the link?

I want to give it to the guy whose putting in my XM. It's one of the senior installers, but he hasn't worked on a legacy gt yet. Don't want to take any chances.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

It is extremely easy.

1. Unscrew the shift knob.

2. Pull the shift surround trim (just pull it up). Unplug the lighter and light plug for the ashtray.

3. Unscrew the 2 screws (one on each side) that hold on the silver trim on each side of the cneter stack (or wood if you have a limited). This will expose the 6 screws that hold on the radio/HAC unit.

4. Remove the screws (3 on each side) and remove the radio/HVAC unit. The antenna plug is attached by a clip to the driver's side of the console so watch for it. There are other 3 plugs, a traditional radio plug and 2 other plugs.

There are a number of threads with pictures.

Thanks!!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived