LegacyGT.com

Going Stage 2

izzy

^^lies.:lol:

The stock IC will do fine sub 18psi. Maybe JB Weld the endtanks, there are plenty of threads on going stage 2. As for installation, be careful with the bolts connecting to the turbo/dp, I've stripped 2 and I know I'm not the only one here who has.

As for installation, be careful with the bolts connecting to the turbo/dp, I've stripped 2 and I know I'm not the only one here who has.

+1

Had this problem on my brand new 08 with less than 8k miles, and just saw the same problem tonight trying to do my buddies 04 sti.

Thanks guys. I will look out for this during the install.

+1

Had this problem on my brand new 08 with less than 8k miles, and just saw the same problem tonight trying to do my buddies 04 sti.

I just got a price of 500.00 for a pro tune at Automasters. Does that price sound right? Dam $650 for the ap and a protune costs that much?

Yupp, and you may want to look at the suspension and tires;)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

if you're going with a pro-tune i would say ditch the AP and do OpenSource. Saves you the money and with the stage 2 parts are you really going to ever flash back to stock?

edit: I guess I should add a little more. OpenSource will be better if you have a laptop and cable ($20-$160) to log with, to make sure your protune is running properly. Sometimes they dont...

I've had my dp and up in the trunk of my car for a week now. Local tuning shops are quoting me $300+ for the install. I talked one down to $260. I think I might just try to do the install myself.

What do you guys think? Good install price for up and dp? Should I just attempt it myself?

Just cleared my headlights last night. Do it!!! Looks so great.

I am getting it installed by a local tuner shop fir 200 on Tuesday.
$260 isn't bad. from what I gather, the UP is a real pain. it looked like it, too, when I had mine installed.

$260 isn't bad. from what I gather, the UP is a real pain. it looked like it, too, when I had mine installed.

It is...

I had to remove the header that is connected the uppipe and also loosen up the suspension, lift up the engine a little bit, and then able to remove it...

Real pain...

Downpipe is really easy though...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

If I have a flex up pipe will it be easier to install. My friend works on Hondas (he built his turbo integra) and he is willing to help. Can I do it without loosening engine mounts and stuff?

If you can get the EGT sensor out of the stock UP then you will be able to remove it without jacking up the engine.

i finally got around to installing my invidia downpipe and perrin tmic last week. everything went smoothly with the exception of the heat shield not fitting over the new downpipe due to the bigger diameter of the pipe. a little cutting of the engine cover was needed for the larger tmic. stage II is fun, I think the LGT is finally faster than my Z28.

Your Cavalier was faster than your Leggy? That is truly disheartening...

It's because he never drove the REAL FASTER!!!

ThE SrT4 ThE oNe aNd OnlY!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Just installed the down pipe. Installed without any problem. No Cel. So far no issues. All I could say is Wow! What a difference. The power is so much smoother. The spool is instant. And the sound of the turbo is awesome. I am one happy little kid! Thank you cobb and invidia!!!!!! Can't wait for etown next week.

As for installation, be careful with the bolts connecting to the turbo/dp, I've stripped 2 and I know I'm not the only one here who has.

How did you fix it? I had a stud completely break off the stock turbo on the bottom. I just re-installed everything hoping the gasket and tightening of the bolts would provide enough of a seal until I upgrade to new turbo.

Any inputs?

Sorry to jack......

Archived