LegacyGT.com

Pimp my Wagon

I have a 1998 Legacy gt wagon and I need anyone to give me a direct link to any place where I can find upgrades for my car.

I have already done the tint, wheels, tires, I need more like body kits, wings, Suspension Kits, computer chips etc...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a 1998 Legacy gt wagon and I need anyone to give me a direct link to any place where I can find upgrades for my car.

I have already done the tint, wheels, tires, I need more like body kits, wings, Suspension Kits, computer chips etc...

I'm at work right now but I have all the websites saved on my comp. I have the same car you do. Its hard to find stuff but its out there boxer4racing.com should get you started. My pics are public. Take a look at em

This place has a lot of stuff. WeSellCarParts.com

"Yeah I have to add...you are one cool dad. Wow...and to spend the summer in the Maldives? Then come back home to a pimped out wagon courtesy of dad?"

He's actually having to work while he's there. Working with Maldivian high school students taking an advanced computer IT class. He's making sure their syllabus is covered and helping with the language differences. Class is through Cambridge University. Kids in the class all speak english. He is the sole caucasian on his island(Hithadhoo). Not a resort island as the locals don't mix with tourists. 26 main islands with over 1,000 islets.

Nice...yes I am somewhat familiar with Maldives. I want to go there myself.

Although I wonder how you can get there? It's very difficult to find flights. None of the U.S. carriers go there. Maybe you have to get to India first, then take a charter flight???

Nice...yes I am somewhat familiar with Maldives. I want to go there myself.

Although I wonder how you can get there? It's very difficult to find flights. None of the U.S. carriers go there. Maybe you have to get to India first, then take a charter flight???

My son's is a dual citizen (wife's British) so he went to England first for a few days and stayed with grandparents, then direct to the Maldives. Booking direct from the US would have doubled the cost of flight. His Godfather (wifes best friend growing up) is involved in exporting/importing baby chicks to South Africa and on the Maldive tourist board. He was kind enough to set the whole thing up.

My son's is a dual citizen (wife's British) so he went to England first for a few days and stayed with grandparents, then direct to the Maldives. Booking direct from the US would have doubled the cost of flight. His Godfather (wifes best friend growing up) is involved in exporting/importing baby chicks to South Africa and on the Maldive tourist board. He was kind enough to set the whole thing up.

:iam:

Yeah seems impossible to get to the Maldives from the U.S. or even from Hawaii. Not even sure you can get a flight there from the U.S.

Now I know how to get there. The best beaches in the world IMO. Maybe some good surfing too.

I had a 97 GT wagon my self before I went to the turbo engines. Very hard to find peformance parts on level with the Later Turbo engine cars. Progress makes a rear bar, there are some spring upgrades, don't do much with the exaust (you will lose power and drivability) . No one makes a chip for that model (don't even think about the ebay one's). Ebay will often have JDM parts like JDm tail lights/headlights and some spoilers. In the end its better to eventually get a 2005 and start upgrades from there.

Wow, you are a solid Dad IMO! I would focus on handling and safety, your son doesn't sound like the type that would reap the benefit from go-fast mods anyways, but he'll love that car!

Raven needs partss for the 96 to 99 legacy. Wesellcarparts.com on has for 05 and up. Like I said its hard to find parts for our years. Its like the performance world forgot about us.

You can say that again! Thanks I really appreciate everyone helping me out.:)

Wow, you are a solid Dad IMO! I would focus on handling and safety, your son doesn't sound like the type that would reap the benefit from go-fast mods anyways, but he'll love that car!

Thanks. I can't wait for him to see it! I thought I'd add some new rotors as the steering wheel vibrates a little under braking. Tried bedding brakes as a forum member suggested in a post but procedure didn't cure problem. DBA 4000 rotors are on back-order. Also rt. front Bilstein Spec B strut on back-order until 7/30(was 6/25 then 7/1) so who knows when parts will be in. Tirerack says a result of the recession and if they can't get the parts, no one can. From all the calls I made today they seem to be right. Might not be complete, but will have the majority done before my son gets home.

Thanks. I can't wait for him to see it! I thought I'd add some new rotors as the steering wheel vibrates a little under braking. Tried bedding brakes as a forum member suggested in a post but procedure didn't cure problem.

Make sure the wheels are torqued to spec, over torquing can cause the "warped rotor" symptoms you describe as well.

"Wow, a GBP manual wagon.You didn't happen you buy that in SLC like a year and a half ago?"

No. Found it on-line in Littleton,Co. over 2 years ago and had it delivered.

"Make sure you check the LCA bushings. Mine were shot and the reason why I had vibration in the steering wheel."

Having a complete service at dealer on Thurs. so will have it checked out. Still getting the rotors as the dba 4000s look cool and should be better than stock. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Couldn't afford to do this again! Do you mow lawns?

I'll even bring may own lawn tractor and roller in my own pick up. I also have 3 weed whackers, blowers, and hedge trimer.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Couldn't afford to do this again! Do you mow lawns?

I do! and my wife and kids can do chores too. :p

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived