LegacyGT.com

Gauging Intrest: OEM fit Subwoofer fiberglass box

SBi

Just trying to see what intrest level there would be for something like this...for those of you who like to keep your trunk but still want some thump.

Can be made for a 10" or 12" sub and airspace can be made to your needs.

I need a car for the mold still both wagon and Sedan.

Here are a couple we did for the WRX/Sti

http://www.sbxi.net/wrx_sti.php

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the pic is not the best, but the one taken from the rear gives you a good idea on how far it will stick out. (not much at all) Specific mounting options will be addressed when the prototype box is built.

Industrial strength velcro strips will be mounted on the bottom amd sides of the box....this alone is usually enough to make it stay put...

Self tapping metal screws are also used to mount to through where the plastic tabs hold the carpet to the wall. It sounds invasive, but it %100 reversable and does not cause damage as the mounting holes are already there....you just thread them....the plastic clips will still go in if you decide to take it out later....you just need to make sure you use a silicone sealer in conjunction with these so the box stays sealed!

Sometimes a small L bracket is necessary.....

Basically, the box will stay PUT! You can take it to the drag strip and auto-x, and it wont budge....

All mounting hardware and mounting directions would be included.

The one in the trunk, that is a 10'' correct? I am 95% in for a 10'' after some details are ironed out....100% is on the way =)

I am installing all my audio stuff in the upcoming weeks.

My Questions:

1) how soon could it be done?

2) How much is the molded 10''

3) Do you have any pics in a legacy trunk? (Our trunk has a diff conture and doesn't have as much room there as the one in the pic)

I'd love to see the exact fit, with pics from above showing the box and spaces around the sides and such.....

Like I said...it's needed soon so let me know......=)

Probably looking at at least a week before I can get to the mold itself, but the first enclosure can actually be made before I have the mold complete...

10" or 12" will be the same price...

no pix of the legacy trunk handy...

VA beach here. I would need a wagon for about 2-3 hours for the mold, and then again for another hour or so a couple days later for a final test fit.

You would get the box at just above my cost for providing the car...downside is your car will smell like resin for a couple days :(

Average displacement for a 12" is about .08-.1 cf (not much)

Depending on the trunk itself it should come out to 1 cf total..... IDK about that specific sub, but 1cf is plenty for nearly any 10" and some 12"

I should have pix and a prototype for the sedan by the end of this month.

I will need a wagon for the mold for a couple hours, and then again a couple days later somewhere close to Virginia Beach...

I'd be all over it if you came out with a version that fits in the spare tire well. There is a ton of room in there. I think I roughly calculated the potential volume to be around 1.5 cu.ft., perfect to generous for just about any 12".

Yeah that is true, there is more space, but with a sub firing up in the center of the floor you lose the ability to keep some larger things in the trunk.

Are you talking about for a wagon or sedan?

Archived