LegacyGT.com

Fuel Economy Improvements

Spare my lack of knowledge.. I'm only 17 with a ton to learn.. But this is exactly what unplugged. I thought it was the 02 sensor

Follow the wire and see where it goes. If it goes to a sensor in the top of the up pipe, it's the EGT and it's standard procedure to cut the wire and put a 2.2K ohm resistor in the wires to trick the ECM into thinking that it's running at perfect temperature and then throw the damn EGT away.

From what I can see, it looks like EGT but I would have to go look under my hood. :)

After looking a bit more closely at your photo, YES....it is the EGT. The yellow jacketed wire with the green tape tag on it backwards and up from your pointing hand is the actual O2 sensor lead wire.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's EGT, O2 is yellow jacketed. Also JmP6889928, I wouldn't cut the EGT wire to put resistor in, just unplug it and put the resistor in it's place.

Either way. I have mine on the plug end of the EGT wire and just made it into a dummy plug. Nonetheless, that's what has the resistor in it on this particular car.

Higher actually, when you go catless up pipe you don't need the EGT sensor (nor should you have it since it can overheat now and break off into your turbo). Thus you can either disable it in the tune or simply use a resistor to trick the ECU into thinking the EGT sensor is still connected and working fine.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived