LegacyGT.com

Wonton Soup

XLeezardx

So healthy, so inexspensive, so easy to make and so good.

Recipe:

Pack of Wonton paper

1/2 lb Ground pork

1/2 lb Shrimp

1 White Onion

2 Stalks Green Onions

1/2 tsp white pepper

1/2 tsp Salt

1/2 tsp Sugar

8 cans of Chicken Broth (just buy alot, cans vary. better to have more)

2 stalks of Baby Bok Choy

1 tbsp Sesame oil

1 tbsp Fish Sauce (optional)

Instructions

Step 1: Mince up 1/2 lb shrimp and white onion and mix into the 1/2lb of ground pork. Add in a little sugar and salt.

Step 2: Wash the Bok Choy and seperate the leaves. Discard the small ones. Set aside.

Step 3: Get the square wonton paper and lay it down. Put about 1.5 tsp ground meat in the middle into a ball and bring up all 4 corners of the paper, then twist. Dab a little bit of beatin egg between the twist and it'll stick. Make about 15 of these suckers or more.

Step 4: Boil a pot of water. Put wontons in slowly, 1 by 1 and try to seperate them so they dont stick. Dont overcrowd the pot, just put enough that will fit. Cook for about 5 minutes or until they start floating. Then remove and place in a bowl. Put about 1 tablespoon of sesame oil on th wontons and toss. This will prevent them from sticking.

Step 5: Now, after you remove all the wontons, place the Bok Choy in the same water to blance for 2 minutes. Remove and place in a strainer and run through cold water.

Step 6: Now, remove that water in the pot and replace it with about 6-8 cans chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add in about 1/2 tablespoon of white pepper and 1 tablespoon of fishsauce ( fishsauce is optional). Stir around for 1 minute.

Step 7: Add in the bok choy and diced green onions into the pot and let simmer for 2 minutes.

Final Step: Divide the wontons into how ever many servings you want into soup bowls. Each person should get 5-6 wontons and like 4 bok choys. Now just pour that soup over the wontons and serve immediatly. Garnish with more green onions and pepper to your desire.

Wontons will become soggy overnight if left in the soup. If you have extra wontons, place them in the freezer for future use.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cooking/won%20ton%20soup/IMG_4739.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cooking/won%20ton%20soup/IMG_4742.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cooking/won%20ton%20soup/IMG_4745.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cooking/won%20ton%20soup/IMG_4746.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cooking/won%20ton%20soup/IMG_4741.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cooking/won%20ton%20soup/IMG_4753.jpg

Once again, thanks for posting the recipe.... definitely want to try it out. I have tasted water chestnuts in wontons before so I may coarsely chopped some up for the little crunch!

I have enough drama for now.....

The directions say put wontons in bowl and pour soup in yet your pictures show them in the pot. Do they need to go back in the broth for more cooking. Or did you just put them in to heat em up a bit?

oops, sorry for the confusion, you can do either way. Since I didnt share mine with anyone, I didnt have to divide them. Pouring the soup on the wontons is the traditional way.

+1 wonton soup is the shit

Somehow, it doesn't seem so appetizing anymore...

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Somehow, it doesn't seem so appetizing anymore...

:confused:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Only 1.5oz of broth? Wouldn't 6-8 cans be 48-64oz?

I want to scale it down for 2 people (plus left-overs, yummm)...

Hahha sorry i meant 10.5 onces per person. The chicken broth I used contained 10.5 oz in each can. Just a rough estimate, I measure everything by the eye and recipes are in my head.

I'm definitely gonna try this recipe out with some friends on a weekend when it's raining or something & we can't be outside for a bbq
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I'm definitely gonna try this recipe out with some friends on a weekend when it's raining or something & we can't be outside for a bbq

Nice, snap a picture of the finished products. I may use it on my blog. You need to make sure you use baby bok choy. You can also buy the pre-made wontons instead of makig your own.

Nice, snap a picture of the finished products. I may use it on my blog. You need to make sure you use baby bok choy. You can also buy the pre-made wontons instead of makig your own.

OK cool I'll make sure on the baby bok. I def wanna make the wontons too. It'll be a fun thing for like a pot luck dinner one night or something.

I made wontons last weekend according to this recipe. I used the thinner HK-style wonton skins. Lukewarm water on the edges was enough to make them sealed tight. I wasn't able to fold/wrap them like the OP so I did the easy diagonal fold. Everything came out great. Once again thx for posting the recipe and pics.

I have enough drama for now.....

did this lastnight...added water chestnuts, garlic & ginger to the wontons. Soup base browned garlic and ginger first then 48Oz container of chicken broth, bit of Soy and season to taste.

ran the soup through a strainer before serving...came out GREAT!

Awesome and super easy idea!!

Thanks again!!

~Sucka-Duck~

did this lastnight...added water chestnuts, garlic & ginger to the wontons. Soup base browned garlic and ginger first then 48Oz container of chicken broth, bit of Soy and season to taste.

ran the soup through a strainer before serving...came out GREAT!

Awesome and super easy idea!!

Thanks again!!

Nice dude, where the pics at?!

Nice dude, where the pics at?!

haha...none taken, but throughly enjoyed by the family!!

I have a $hit load of left over wontons and meat (mixture) gonna make some pot stickers and freeze them for a later time!

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived