LegacyGT.com

hp gains with y pipe

2/10s could be anything from atmospheric conditions to driver to having 5 extra gallons in the tank.

Unless you are a PROFESSIONAL drag racer or have hundreds of time slips to use for data, you can't say a few hundredths of second was due to this or that.

Trap speed is a much better measure of power, but still not very accurate. Trap time is 90% driver.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Drive a 5eat.

Outside temp and Humidity was identical

Picked up 3mph of trap speed

Had 15 slips with 13.5xx @ 99.xx-100.xx

Put mid and y pipes on and went back to back 13.331 and 13.393 @ 102.41 and 103.01

Definately think they helped.

-Pierce

Yeah, temp and humidity may have been CLOSE.... but what about atmospheric pressure? What about amount of gas in tank? Did you weigh yourself? Tire pressure?

I'm sure it helped, but not to the extent that you think it did.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I have 8 tires so that I can always match the 4 to within 0.02% tolerance so I don't fry differentials.

I have 18 wheels. That allows me to keep the tolerance within 0.002%.

allright back to the op question

Here is a chart of my setup.

Mods for the 266WHP and 311WTQ

Hks catless up

Xo2 catless dp

xo2 FMIC

Spec stage 2+ clutch

Spec LWF

Stock airbox

Stock cbe

TA Etune

From adding just x02 mid and y pipe still (stock mufflers) and updated map gained 12WHP and 10WTQ noticeable in the mid range the most.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/kevkel50/dynosheetsuny.jpg

I just removed my XO2 intermeidate and Y-pipe as things were too loud. I haven't done a log since the change, but I'm still hitting target boost and holding it till redline.

I wouldn't bother from a performance perspective. I'd personally be shocked if it gave you an extra 10whp as already stated. I will do a log when I get a few minutes for comparison to my prior tune and see what the difference is. FWIW I'm currently running a 20G on headers, an UP and DP. The rest of the exhaust is stock.

What changed in your map?

allright back to the op question

Here is a chart of my setup.

Mods for the 266WHP and 311WTQ

Hks catless up

Xo2 catless dp

xo2 FMIC

Spec stage 2+ clutch

Spec LWF

Stock airbox

Stock cbe

TA Etune

From adding just x02 mid and y pipe still (stock mufflers) and updated map gained 12WHP and 10WTQ noticeable in the mid range the most.

Archived