LegacyGT.com

Best catted downpipe for Borla CBE

rs6er

I bought a Borla because I didn't want my car to be too loud. I know a downpipe will make it louder. Is there a good one that will mate up with my Borla well without too much noise?

• 1 month later...

Cobb mated to my Borla with no issue. Does make it louder, but to the level I wanted. I almost cut out the resonator when I was Stage 1.

I'd only get a full 3" DP if you plan on going full 3" catback somewhere down the road. otherwise you're just building in a 0.5" wall right where the DP meets the cat back (if using suggested adapter), instead of the tapered section Cobb has.

I picked up one of these to connect my SPT CBE and my Invidia DP. I couldn't bring myself to cut the taper out of the SPT exhaust.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/elite-awd-down-pipe-stocktapered-cat-back-adapter-p-3911.html

It was a little rough around the edges out of the box -- the gasket it came with seems like JUNK vs the gasket that came with my Invidia DP and the holes for the bolts to go through needed a little loving with a file/dremel. Looks like it was cut out from a low end laser bed or something. The welds are excellent and provides a nice taper from 3" to 2.5" instead of the wall as mentioned above. Also comes with new spring bolts and heavy springs to keep some flex in the exhaust system.

I've test fitted it to the DP but won't be doing the actual install until RomRaider supports my car's firmware.

Just another option to think about.

Matt

i would definitely say cobb if you can find it. Since cobb will mate up better with its 2.5 inch taper at the end.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Archived