LegacyGT.com

Hyper Black is Beautiful

rs6er

they look amazing when clean. my brake dust gives them a bronze tint. i feel like i need to wipe them off everytime i get in my car. look fwd to mounted pics.

I have gunmetal Tarmac 2s as my winter wheels. The dust (brake and otherwise) makes them brownish looking, but they are less black to begin with.

im mad at myself because i forgot to weigh my 18x8 tarmac 3s before mounting. i think they are 21-22 lbs.

i havent seen a better combo then hyperblack on dgm.

crappy camera phone pic. this doesnt really capture the color well. fyi, i just sprayed the tire shine, i know its too shiny!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk194/wfriel/newrims1.jpg

Okay. So I couldn't wait for tomorrow. I drove out to Group A Wheels in LI for my new Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires to mount on the new DPRs. They are mostly a tire wholesaler but they removed the TPMS from my Spec B wheels and installed them on the new wheels. Very nice people, by the way. The 235/40/18s were only $145/each. A steal when you consider the prices of other high end tires.

The installer couldn't believe how light the DPR were (18x8.5). They weigh 18.5 pounds.

On the 65 mile drive home I, formed my first impressions of the tires. Inflated to 40 pounds (which they recommended), the ride was even smoother than the stock Spec B Bridgestones. The sidewalls are way stiffer. Turn in was sharp as a tack. Fast sweepers on on- and off-ramps didn't even begin to approach limits of adhesion. Granted I went from a 7" wheel to an 8.5" wheel and these tires are way wider than the 215/45/18s that come stock. Did I mention that they are really quiet?

One issue with this setup though. The rims come much further out in the wheel wells, and my car is mildly lowered on HD Ions. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to roll the fenders a bit.

I took 2 quick pictures, as it was pretty dark when I got home. More to follow in the daylight. Hyper black does look sick with DGM as pointed out above.

IMG_0594.thumb.jpg.8daf6c5c218a7431fa616cfd148ecf69.jpg

IMG_0596.thumb.jpg.da674595f91aa07b600f412ff1600db9.jpg

Okay. So I couldn't wait for tomorrow. I drove out to Group A Wheels in LI for my new Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tires to mount on the new DPRs. They are mostly a tire wholesaler but they removed the TPMS from my Spec B wheels and installed them on the new wheels. Very nice people, by the way. The 235/40/18s were only $145/each. A steal when you consider the prices of other high end tires.

The installer couldn't believe how light the DPR were (18x8.5). They weigh 18.5 pounds.

On the 65 mile drive home I, formed my first impressions of the tires. Inflated to 40 pounds (which they recommended), the ride was even smoother than the stock Spec B Bridgestones. The sidewalls are way stiffer. Turn in was sharp as a tack. Fast sweepers on on- and off-ramps didn't even begin to approach limits of adhesion. Granted I went from a 7" wheel to an 8.5" wheel and these tires are way wider than the 215/45/18s that come stock. Did I mention that they are really quiet?

One issue with this setup though. The rims come much further out in the wheel wells, and my car is mildly lowered on HD Ions. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to roll the fenders a bit.

I took 2 quick pictures, as it was pretty dark when I got home. More to follow in the daylight. Hyper black does look sick with DGM as pointed out above.

Damn!!

Those look hot!!!!!!

According to a bunch of other owners 235/40/18 should not rub unless it's a super wide tire....

;-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Damn!!

Those look hot!!!!!!

According to a bunch of other owners 235/40/18 should not rub unless it's a super wide tire....

;-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

They are very wide.

Archived