LegacyGT.com

Installing Gauges from Cubby Pod

JaeGT

So, i'm getting a cubby pod that can hold 2 52mm gauges. i'm set on getting either a electrical or mechanical boost guage. i'm still undecided on what to get for a 2nd gauge. I've read people would get either an oil temp gauge or oil pressure gauge. Opinions on what to get for a 2nd gauge would be much appreciated. I don't know if this is relevant to getting my answer but some time in the long run i am going stage 2 and if turbo fails, maybe go the VF52 route.

As the title says, has anyone installed guages from the cubby pod? and wouldn't mind helping me install the gauges? If all else fails I am thinking about getting them installed by ESP in Sterling, MA. Thanks!

i've been reading and maybe an EGT gauge would be easier to install and it also can tell if im running rich/lean? (correct me if im wrong). and ill probbaly end up with an electrical boost guage to sync with the other electrical gauge. i think it sonly $20 than a mechanical... by the way im thinking of just doing prosport gauges. cheap and from reading around here they are 'satisfactory' gauges.

it's kind of more aesthetics cuz ill run logs myself whenever i get a tune which will be more useful.

an air/fuel raio (AFR) gauge will tell you if yorue running rich and lean...

if youre getting 2 gauges, get boost and oil pressure, no questions asked

yes sir:icon_excl one question.... :hide: with the oil pressure gauge... i'd need to get the oil filter adapter thingy? and does that adapter effect the process of getting an oil/filter change and wut brand of filter im using? (i lied... there was 2 or 3 questions in there... lol)

just reviving my OP... anyone around MA that could help with the install? (ESP being last resort :redface:)

are there any 52mm multi-display gauges? something like this

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/wujek1976/lgt/2008-11-09_151239_a__3939.jpg

(picture from unclemat's ABP wagon)

that one is 2" though i think. i'm not really familiar with what else is out there but just a thought.

if not i think oil pressure would prob be useful paired with the boost gauge. this coming from a the guy who has a NA legacy, :lol:

Get an oil pressure gauge for sure. I just installed an oil pressure gauge / volt meter last night in fact. I used the sandwich oil filter adapter thing and with the way it is designed it should stay bolted to the block when you need remove the filter to change oil. I also got the autometer remote sender kit because the area down there is pretty tight and I didn't know if the sender would fit. Total time to install and run wires / etc, about 6 hrs. But, I'm slow...like to make sure it all fit right and looked good

Also, is an oil temp gauge really necessary? Factory water temp gauge is good enough I think at least.

are there any 52mm multi-display gauges? something like this

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/wujek1976/lgt/2008-11-09_151239_a__3939.jpg

(picture from unclemat's ABP wagon)

that one is 2" though i think. i'm not really familiar with what else is out there but just a thought.

if not i think oil pressure would prob be useful paired with the boost gauge. this coming from a the guy who has a NA legacy, :lol:

That's f'n bad ass!! 'nuf said!

Rehab is for quitters.

was looking at the PLX website but one thing confuses me is... do i have to buy those sensor modules separate or are there any included with the multi-gauge? :confused:

i went to prosportgauges.com and getting the electrical boost/oil pressure gauges + adapter + the nut for the sensor brought me about $160 shipped. the PLX multi gauge is $210 which i would think is bang for the buck if the sensors were included and all hardware.... guess they'll be getting a msg from me. :rolleyes:

was looking at the PLX website but one thing confuses me is... do i have to buy those sensor modules separate or are there any included with the multi-gauge?

Based on the research I have done, you need to buy those sensor modules to support the gauge functionality you're looking for.

Please share what you find out as I need to figure out the gauge route I want to go ASAP.

I know I want Boost and AFR for sure...anything else is gravy.

All the multi function gauges need adapters.. ie sensors for everything. Install isn't really the hard part :p

If you are planning on self tuning your car, I'd go for just an EGT gauge with the boost gauge. If you want the oil temp or pressure, yes you do need the ring or else you can't read it at all! :) It won't affect any oil changes, but if SOA finds out they certainly can void a warranty yadayadaadaa..

looks as though the multi gauge needs multi sensors = multi benjamin franklins :( so i'm gonna go with prosport gauges (boost and oil pressure with adapter and that extra nut to fit the sender) gonna purchase from Ultimate CC. i e-mailed ESP but no response on an installation quote... i'm too scared to even take out the stock cubby assembly out. lol.... :spin:

ok so i just noobed out. lol. ultimatecc PM'ed me and said i could use either an adapter plate (~$40) or an oil galley plug (~$10) for the oil pressure gauge. which should i get? (at first i thot i needed both) thanks

Archived