LegacyGT.com

Installing Gauges from Cubby Pod

JaeGT

ok so i just noobed out. lol. ultimatecc PM'ed me and said i could use either an adapter plate (~$40) or an oil galley plug (~$10) for the oil pressure gauge. which should i get? (at first i thot i needed both) thanks

Sandwich adapter if you want to run both oil temp and oil pressure sensors. The oil temp. sensor must be in the oil flow path for usable readings. So that means you cannot mount two sensors in one gallery hole - you cannot mount it with a "relocation hose". Oil pressure sensor obviously doesn't care.

I am running a sandwich. At one point i was thinking about eliminating it - putting oil temp sensor in the rear gallery hole and using some form of t-fitting in the front hole where the stock pressure sensor it. Gets bit complicated due to BSPT/NPT thread issues.

Stock adpater is threaded for BSPT (PT), most aftermarket sensors are NPT. wrxtra.com sells modified adapter with NPT plug if you want to go that route.

the oil galley plug im referring to is from the prosport website which they say it replaces one of the three stock plugs and has a thread that can fit any 1/8" NPT sender. (http://prosportgauges.com/subaru-oil-galley-plug.aspx) so i guess i am good to go? i'm getting the electric boost gauge, electric oil pressure gauge with the oil galley plug. thanks everyone for their inputs =] much appreciated

This adapter would work but looks ghetto. Seems they weld something on the actual OEM plug. wrxtra.com looks cleaner, although they retap existing thread itseems (which generally is not best practice, but I guess works well enough here).

Archived