LegacyGT.com

June Rutts Hut Meet, Drive, & Photoshoot

pathfin9

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys-

Off topic-

My passenger foot well keeps filling with water in the rain. I am not using the A/C, but the water is coming from my blower motor housing. My carpet is F-d and I am trying to deal with the dealership to get it fixed. I think the outside air louver might be scooping water. My evap line is clear and I am using the fan and outside air to keep the "fog" down (I breathe too much). Anyone ever have a similar problem?

^I was a certified Beach lifeguard for 6 years including CPR, first aid, etc.....lol....and Krystle will be there and she's a nurse...lol.....

Dont forget to bring your significant others!

-John

^Maybe one of your passenger side seals is leaking and its trickling down into the footwell?

Bump for heart attacks in a bun!

-John

No, its not a seal. The water is coming from under the dash, either from the evap or the outside air duct. I can see water dripping out of the blower housing. Its not a small amount of water. 1st time it was at least a gallon. 2nd time it was less. Just got it dried out again. Ran the blower on outside air all the way to NYC and back with the dash half disassembled and the carpet pulled up. No issues today-WTF?!

Sorry soap in my radiator or water in my intake and you won't have this problem because none of your aftermarket products are installed :lol: and I'm not saying that to poke fun, I'm saying it because mike has a good amount of aftermarket parts, could that be the root of any of the problems mike?

Hmm....thats strange. My guess would be either you're getting a heck of a lot of condensation somewhere, or someones breaking into your car and taking a leak all over your carpet.....:lol:

Def. sounds like you're getting a lot of condensation. I remember in my dad's old van, he use to have that problem, and the front passenger side floor would be all wet.

Could it possibly be a leak in your ac unit? Maybe you're leaking frion, or whatever it is they use now a days....

-John

No, its not a seal. The water is coming from under the dash, either from the evap or the outside air duct. I can see water dripping out of the blower housing. Its not a small amount of water. 1st time it was at least a gallon. 2nd time it was less. Just got it dried out again. Ran the blower on outside air all the way to NYC and back with the dash half disassembled and the carpet pulled up. No issues today-WTF?!

Hmm....thats strange. My guess would be either you're getting a heck of a lot of condensation somewhere, or someones breaking into your car and taking a leak all over your carpet.....:lol:

Def. sounds like you're getting a lot of condensation. I remember in my dad's old van, he use to have that problem, and the front passenger side floor would be all wet.

Could it possibly be a leak in your ac unit? Maybe you're leaking frion, or whatever it is they use now a days....

-John

Well I hope its not piss! Maybe I should go taste some just to make sure. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought condensation first too. That is why I blew out the evap drain line with my air compressor. No obstructions. I haven't even been using the A/C, so where is the condensation coming from? By the way, "freon" or the 134A that is used in cars today evaporates almost instantaneously when exposed to atmosphere. The "gas" is kept in a sealed system. If it leaks out it isn't coming out as a liquid. Only the refrigerant oil comes out as a liquid. But thanks.

Also as far as all the parts. I have made no penetrations in the car. I only had to run 1 wire from the battery to the trunk for the stereo, and I used a prexisting firewall penetration (I said PENETRATION :lol:) and grommet/gasket. So the installs I have done should not be an issue. I am going down to AZP tonight, maybe Mike will have some ideas.

We should all lay off JR too. I dont want the guy getting a complex. :lol::lol::lol:

At least he has the RIGHT car. Not only is it a Leggy, but its a Spec-B.

And john (RZA) if you want an intercooler for your 2.5i I will sell you my OEM one CHEAP! Wont make any more power for you, but we might be able to rig a mount over your motor and you can PRETEND to have a turbo! Might even work on a few ladies (of the night). :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I'm happy with my non turboness right now, my camaro is just fine, my 2.5I is fine until I find an LGT that I wanna trade it in for as well. In the mean time I have my girlfriend's GTI to drive and my brother just bought a 07 spec b for a steal so if I wanna drive somethin nice its not completely out of reach

Forget the suspension. If you get him really drunk maybe you can trick him into a trade! :lol: Then you can finally get the car you want AND you only have to take advantage of a family member, not a Super cool forum member (like JR). :cool:

Hope that makes up some for the previous gang up and bashing. :)

Never will happen again, before the spec b he had a 06 evo MR. Before the MR he had a stage 2 bugeye, he sold me that in 2005 for 9 grand to put towards the MR, then he realized how many better offers he could of got, he was kickin himself in the ass. When he called me to tell me that he was sellin his car the first thing he said was "john you're gonna pay the same price as everyone else this time" :lol: His wife controls him now, and she loves that car you know how that is :lol:

We're still waiting for the comebacks from the last time we busted on you!:lol:

-John

Actually ill admit some of it i walked myself into therefor i deserved it....:lol:

Just wait for my combacks later...;)

Archived