LegacyGT.com

June Rutts Hut Meet, Drive, & Photoshoot

pathfin9

^SWEET! I will change the name to Mike's Going Away Party.....lol....

Maybe ask Whitetiger, i know he's got his rolled and pulled. He might even have the tool.

Bump! Coming up fast!

-John

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Sorry. Got a 5pm appointment with a certain chair, some needles , ink an "artist" and precision road rash. Gonna get some fresh ink to remember the "trip". I have wanted to come home for over 15 years, took me the last 10 to convince the wife. Now after 1 year she has had enough. So I came up with a design to commemorate the whole event. I will miss the Fudd meet. But I will make the Rutts meet. Plus me and my car will have some new mods to show off, lol.

Looks great Mike! I'd like to post pics of what I did, but I need to give a proper wash. So you guys will have to wait until Saturday!:)

Bump for Rutts Hut!

-John

I didn't want to seem to overly excited. But since you asked...

pics of the new toys!:):):)

Looks great Mike! I'd like to post pics of what I did, but I need to give a proper wash. So you guys will have to wait until Saturday!:)

Bump for Rutts Hut!

-John

Thanks John. Cant wait to see what you have done. Been busy with the grill?

-Mike

Yeah, its done! Havent installed it yet though. I just did something simple for now with it. I have to try to find a decently priced non-metal honeycomb pattern for what I really want to do with it, and then I need to plan my attack. I've got a few sources, but they are kinda pricey. I was looking into the ford crown victoria grill, as someone on here had some luck using it.

But yeah, you'll see.....as long as I like the way it looks once I get it on...lol...

-John

Thanks John. Cant wait to see what you have done. Been busy with the grill?

-Mike

^ I went to 2 junkyards last week to do the DIY JDM Grille, one of which was in carteret it was a auto auction lot with insurance owned totaled out cars, i got a 08 grille off an 08 3.0R there, and then i went to another junkyard in north jersey in warren county that has mainly ford stuff the Crown vic grille is too short for 08+, but an F-150 grille from a f-150 from like 97-99 works perfectly, i'm gonna mess with it this week and see what i can do with it, but thts your best way if you want a honeycomb grille

Interesting....

How much were the Legacy grills?

How much was the ford F-150 grill?

-John

^ I went to 2 junkyards last week to do the DIY JDM Grille, one of which was in carteret it was a auto auction lot with insurance owned totaled out cars, i got a 08 grille off an 08 3.0R there, and then i went to another junkyard in north jersey in warren county that has mainly ford stuff the Crown vic grille is too short for 08+, but an F-150 grille from a f-150 from like 97-99 works perfectly, i'm gonna mess with it this week and see what i can do with it, but thts your best way if you want a honeycomb grille

i paid 35 bucks all together, $20 for the legacy grille and $15 for the f-150 grille, the place i went to in warren county was rt. 57 auto salvage, they have atleast 100 ford pickup trucks to choose from there.i was also able to get a few parts i needed for the camaro while i was there :D

Nice! I may have to take a ride up there. Did they have any more Legacy grills? Just in case I screw up this one in the process....lol.....

-John

i paid 35 bucks all together, $20 for the legacy grille and $15 for the f-150 grille, the place i went to in warren county was rt. 57 auto salvage, they have atleast 100 ford pickup trucks to choose from there.i was also able to get a few parts i needed for the camaro while i was there :D

Archived